1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Time to Visit Goa

Discussion in 'Goa' started by Power Ranger, May 18, 2016.

1. Power Ranger

Power Ranger New Member

Finally it looks like I will be able to go a trip to Goa, which has been due for quite a long time. While I don't want to plan our Goa trip during the crowded peak season, neither do I want to bear the extreme heat in the summer season. Monsoon season too can be ruled out as it rains quite heavily in Goa. I am a budget traveller, so I think the off-season would suit me better. Considering all these factors, what do you think is the best time to visit Goa?

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Goa has a typical tropical climate characterized by hot and humid summer, a short but consistent spell of rain followed by a pleasant winter. April to June is the summer season when the temperature often goes close to 35°C with high percentage of humidity. July-August is the rainy season which provides a much needed break from the soaring heat. The weather turns sober from September onwards. November to January is the winter season which is regarded as the peak tourist season in Goa. The temperature remains pleasant throughout March before the summer days make their presence felt.

The best time to visit Goa is during the winter season between November and January when the weather is cool and dry, and the sea is calm and clear. However, it is also the time when Goa sees hordes of tourists. The Goa tourism industry is in full bloom during this period. Hotel tariffs and other costs shoot up during this time, so finding a budget accommodation could become a difficult task.

For budget travellers and backpackers, the summer days are the best time to visit Goa - provided you are not afraid of venturing out under the hot sunshine. If you would like to avoid the summer days and still travel within a modest budget, then I would suggest you to plan for the trip in September-October, which is a low season. The beaches would be somewhat less crowded and the hotels/resorts will be reasonably priced.

February-March can be another good period to visit Goa. The Goa Carnival festival usually takes place by the end of February. There aren't too many tourists around after the festival gets over, so you can get some good discount on hotel deals and enjoy the lovely beaches of Goa without the mad rush of tourists.

Regards,
    Deb

3. Shiv

Shiv Member

Choosing the best time to visit Goa depends on your preferences and budget. Based on your criteria of avoiding the peak season, extreme heat, and heavy monsoons, the best time to visit Goa would typically be during the shoulder seasons, which are from late October to early December and from mid-January to early March. Here's a breakdown of the pros and cons for these periods:

1. Late October to Early December (Pre-Peak Season):
      • Pros:
        • The weather is usually pleasant with warm days and cooler nights.
        • Fewer tourists compared to the peak season, so you can enjoy a more peaceful experience.
        • Prices for accommodation and activities are lower compared to the peak season.
      • Cons:
        • It's not entirely off-peak, so there will still be some tourists.
    2. Mid-January to Early March:
      • Pros:
        • Pleasant and dry weather, perfect for outdoor activities.
        • Relatively fewer tourists, making it a quieter time to visit.
        • Accommodation and activity prices are still reasonable.
      • Cons:
        • It's the peak season for many international tourists, so it can be relatively more crowded than other shoulder seasons.
    If you're looking for the lowest prices and don't mind the heat, you could consider visiting during the pre-monsoon season (April and early May) as it's less crowded and even more budget-friendly. However, keep in mind that the weather can be quite hot during this time.

Ultimately, the best time to visit Goa depends on your priorities. If you're looking for a balance between pleasant weather, fewer crowds, and budget-friendly options, the late October to early December period is a great choice. It offers a delightful experience without the extreme heat or monsoon rains.