1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bhangarh fort at night

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Rx20, May 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rx20

Rx20 New Member

Bhangarh fort travelogue posted on this forum was excellent and gives a good idea of what to expect when you get to Bhangarh fort but I am looking for information to visit Bhangarh fort at night but with due permissions from the authorities. I have been searching but nothing came up so hoping forum members here to help me out.

Bhangarh fort probably has security at night and is illegal to visit at night but has anyone stayed there at night be it with or without permission to stay at night inside the fort premises? If yes what was it like and did you see or feel any presence of ghosts or something on those lines?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the information as well no matter how much I searched. The best thing you can do is contact the Archaeological Survey of India office and inquire about your question. They are the institute that prohibited entering the fort during night time. From what I've read, you would need to obtain special permission from them in order to enter the Bhangarh Fort. Their office is located in Janpath, New Delhi. Otherwise, just visit their website and send them an email.

I don't think I'm that courageous to actually stay the night at Bhangarh Fort. I've read some stories of people though that stayed illegally for the night in Bhangarh Fort. Many of them weren't able to continue their stay and came running to their vehicles soon after. Some stories were of the guards of the fort themselves, where they say that they hear their loved one's voices asking for help from them. I cannot testify for the truth behind these stories as I wasn't the one who experienced them.

But like I said, it is not allowed to stay at the fort at night without permission. Do not follow the footsteps of these people. You might get into trouble, if not in the fort, the authorities who operate the fort. Anyway, another one I've read is that this paranormal group in India tested the fort for unusual and paranormal activities. But they weren't really able to find anything.

I hope this helps!