1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goa Airport to city at night

Discussion in 'Goa' started by gypsyjack, Dec 30, 2014.

1. gypsyjack

gypsyjack New Member

Hi all

I am arriving at Goa airport after 10 PM and I think after 10 PM only overpriced prepaid taxis will be available from Goa airport Panjim. Are there any auto rickshaws or buses hovering outside the airport for cheaper travel at this time?

I do not have any extra or heavy luggage, all what I got is a 30 ltr. backpack which I can carry very easily. Please suggest some cheaper and safe travel option from airport to city.

Jack.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sorry for the super late reply but I hope this helps anyone else who might have the same query. Anyway, as far as I know, from 10:00 pm onwards, your only option would be taxis to get to Panjim from Goa Airport. There are private buses that have scheduled departures until 10:00 pm but beyond that, you won't find any buses anymore. I think this has been the struggle of many locals and tourists alike.

For instance, here's some scheduled timings of buses I was able to find:

• Taj National Express Canara Pinto (AC Sleeper). 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Rs. 700.
    • Fernandez Travel Naik (AC Multi Axle Semi-Sleeper). 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm at Rs. 650.
    As you can see, their last schedule is not even at 10:00 pm. State buses also have the same schedules like the KTC.

The price for a taxi from the airport to Panjim will cost anywhere between Rs. 900 to Rs. 1,000 (AC). It is slightly lower for a non-AC one.

I hope this helps!