1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bollywood?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by freddi, Jan 19, 2016.

1. freddi

freddi Member

Totally random question - is Bollywood somewhere you can visit? Like, are there behind-the-scenes tours you can do? I don't know an awful lot about the films but whenever I see one on TV I love the amazing choreography and it would be awesome to see how they're created.

2. RBean

RBean New Member

Yes, I believe that you can visit sets in Mumbai, which is where a lot of movies are made. I think someone said something about it in another thread. That you may run into a movie being made when you are Mumbai.

3. johnstatler14

johnstatler14 New Member

Mumbai is what most would consider 'Bollywood'. It's where most of India's movies are made/produced, and you can visit sets and whatnot (for a price). Go to Mumbai if you want to go to Bollywood.

4. Benti

Benti New Member

I've been hearing the term 'Bollywood' lately, and have no idea what it is referring to. At first, I thought it might be a real place, like a fake movie set or something. Can someone enlighten me?

5. freddi

freddi Member

Oh cool - I'll definitely do some more digging into that, thanks!

Benti - I can't give you a solid definition, but it's essentially the Indian version of Hollywood, i.e. the hub of their movie industry. I'm by no means an expert, but the films I've seen involve lots of dramatic acting and amazing choreographed dance scenes. Have a look on YouTube, I'm sure there will be lots of clips. ;)

6. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

The choreographed dance scenes are my absolute favorite!

I think it would be so cool to learn one of the dances from a film from start to finish - how fun! And I did just see a thread a moment ago with some advice on how to be an extra in a Bollywood movie! I think that would be one of the coolest things to do!

7. freddi

freddi Member

Ha ha - I just saw that thread too! I don't know why the forum software didn't suggest it when I put in my title for this one (it seems to work pretty well in terms of offering suggestions of similar threads usually). But anyway. Yeah, the dancing is my favourite part - I have a workout game on Xbox and one section has you doing Bollywood style dance moves. It's really fun!

8. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

You can off course visit film studios and get a feel of Bollywood. There are numerous film studios in Mumbai, where you will see movies being shot. However, the question is whether they will allow visitors inside the movie sets or not.