1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bollywood

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by jnorth88, Apr 26, 2016.

1. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I would like to know if anyone has information on tours of Bollywood studios or how to arrange such trips? I think it would be awesome to visit these studios and even a movie set. Bollywood has grown greatly over the years, and just like Hollywood, seems like a neat landmark to visit.

So, does anyone know much, or have ideas of where or what to learn?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

The Bollywood studios can be found in Mumbai. There are several offerings from different agencies for tours in Bollywood. Here's a few that I know of:
    • Bollywood Tours. Bollywood Tours has a lot to offer when it comes to touring Bollywood. They have different packages that might suit each individual's preference. There's the Full Day Bollywood Tour which costs up to $170 and the Half Day Bollywood Tour which costs up to $130. There's also the Bollywood with the Slums Tour which costs up to $175. If you like reality shows, there's the Reality Show Tour which can cost up to $115. There are more tour packages as well if you look at their website.
    • Mumbai Film City Tours. The great thing about this agency is they offer a lot of packages, some of them are even low cost ones. The Full Day Bollywood Tour costs about $37 only. The Half Day Bollywood Tour costs only $28.
    • SJ Studios Bollywood Tours. This agency has the Bollywood Nights Tour which is a guided tour of Bollywood during the night. I cannot seem to find a price for this though.
    Luckily, these tours are pretty comprehensive and they take you through all the important Bollywood locations. I hope this helps!

pwarbi likes this.

3. Destiny

Destiny Member

The poster above me said pretty much everything. But, if you can consider going in a larger group because you can get a pretty nice discount. I went with a group of 10 and instead of $105 per person, it was $85 per person. And, yes... The tours take American dollars.

pwarbi likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'd imagine that with the rise of Bollywood in the west, these tours could get booked up pretty quickly aswell, so it might also be wise to try and book either as soon as you get there, or even see if the hotel your staying at can book a tour or can offer any help.

5. daniel john

daniel john New Member

Bollywood is starting to make inroads into the culture here in the UK, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were specific tours aimed especially at a western market. I remember that the Pussy Cat dolls did a song when Slum Dog Millionaire came out, which both popularized Indian culture to those who may have never tasted it up to that point.

pwarbi likes this.
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I'm not sure that there will be whole tours especially aimed at western tourists, I'd imagine that you'd definitely find ones that are conducted in English with English speaking guides, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Bollywood is big business for India, so they'll do whatever they can to keep it that way .