1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooking Classes In Delhi

Discussion in 'North India' started by Imani, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Imani

Imani New Member

I am a big fan of Indian food and especially cooking it but, unfortunately I have not been able to learn Indian cooking. I did enquire about some classes Texas but they worked out to be too costly. As we all know India is cheap and I am also assuming that if I take cooking classes they would be cheap and most importantly I would learn authentic Indian cooking.

Can someone give me an idea of what they costs maybe and how long a short course would be.

Thank you :)

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

There's one cooking class in Delhi that I've particularly been looking into, which is actually held in a lady's home! The business name is called Gourmet Desire (if you google "Gourmet Desire Delhi Cooking Class" it should come up).

The classes apparently run from 3-4 hours but as yet I haven't put an enquiry in on the website to see how much it costs. I love the idea though that it's a home cooking school - I find that way it will be easier to replicate than if it's a commercial kitchen. It's well reviewed on Trip Advisor as well which is always a consideration!

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

If you want to learn, I would suggest checking out some YouTube videos. There are plenty of native Indian chefs who post their recipes and the methods they use to cook. These are great because you watch and rewatch, and go at your own pace.