1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Culture of Rajasthan

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Jenny Mitchel, May 8, 2017.

1. Jenny Mitchel

Jenny Mitchel New Member

I am going on the Golden Triangle tour in India with my husband. I am aware of what Delhi and Agra are like and know what to expect from the places.

The destination I would like to know about is Rajasthan and especially know about the culture of Rajasthan.

I would first like to know what kind of clothes should be worn there when visiting some of the famous places and generally just going out in the city? The last thing to do is offend people with the type of clothes worn and I know that in some places in India you need to dress accordingly.

I would like to learn more about the people there, the food they eat, the music and way of living as it seems very different from the other parts of India especially from Delhi and Agra where we will also be going.

In Rajasthan, we plan to visit Jaipur, Udaipur and possibly Bikaner.

2. Arushi Jain

Arushi Jain New Member

Rajasthan is great place to visit and its full of tradition, culture and many thing more. If you are talking about dresses then for female you should wear Saree/Salwar Suit and if you are Male then you can wear simply t-shirt jeans. Ifyou want to feel traditional look then try Kurta Pajama. All places you mentioned are great and best wishes for your journey.