1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi-Shimla-Manali

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Sagar9998, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Sagar9998

Sagar9998 New Member

Dear All,

I am planning Delhi-Manali trip from 23rd Sep to 2nd Oct 2017 with 4 adults. Here's my itinerary.

23rd Sep(Saturday)- Leave Chennai and arrive next day @Delhi.
    24th Sep(Sunday)- Arrive Delhi (Sunday) and leave for ...route1/route2/route3?
    25th Sep(Monday)-
    26th Sep(Tuesday) -
    27th Sep(Wednesday) -
    28th Sep(Thursday)-
    29th Sep(Friday)-Shopping
    30th Sep(Sat)-Delhi-Agra-Mathura Package
    1st Oct (Sunday) - Local city tour package
    2nd Oct(Monday) - Leave for Chennai

Once reach Delhi on 24th Sep, my confusion starts which route I should take as I have 4 days (from 25th Sep to 28th Sep)

Route 1 :

Manali
    Solang valley
    Rohtang pass
    Manikaran (what to see after manikaran)?

Route 2 :

Shimla
    Kufri
    Sangla
    Kalpa
    Kinnaur
    Chitkul

Route 3 :

Amritsar
    Dharamsala
    Mcleonganj
    Chamba
    Khajjiar
    Dalhousie

Awaiting your expert advice :

1. Which route I can able to cover once I reach Delhi?
    2. what about weather in those places during Sep?
    3. Suggest any good hotels, tour operators or taxi information.

2. mohitable

mohitable New Member

No as you have mentioned you have only 4 days there is no chance you can visit dharamshala, chamba ,kajjiar, dalhousie, all of them are very far from Manali and hectic.

once you reach at Delhi Follow this itinerary :
    1) in evening start journey towards Manali , it will take 14 hours if you opted Volvo Bus.
    2) in morning next day to you will reach Manali. Check in to your hotel ( you can book through goibibo)
    3) after having breakfast and bath. You'll be ready for local sight seeing which includes - Hadimba Devi Temple, Manu Temple, Vashist ji, and Van Vihar. All are located in a radius of 5-6 kms. In evening you can have dinner on the mall road.
    4) next morning get ready to visit Manikaran , its about 100 kms up and down trip but on the way you can visit Kullu, Kasol, Naggar Castle and also you can have River rafting.
    5) next morning you can visit Solang Valley which is about 12 Km from Manali towards Rohtang Pass, you can enjoy paragliding there. Also if you have some amount to spend you can visit Rohtang Pass or else you can
    6) Next morning have breakfast at hotel and checkout and you are free for shopping and by evening take volvo bus to delhi.

Journey end

Admin likes this.