1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi to Kerala flight

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Terry68, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Terry68

Terry68 New Member

I will be arriving in India, and my stay in will be in Delhi, where I would be sightseeing and doing the usual touristy things.
    From Delhi, I am planning to head towards Kerala and would like to stay in a houseboat. I would like to know a few things to help me with the trip from Delhi to Kerala.

1. I would like to know which Kerala airport I should land at, as there is more than one?

2. How long would the Delhi to Kerala flight take?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there! Welcome to the forum!

So for houseboat rentals, it's recommended that you start in Alleppey. For the airports, there are a total of seven in Kerala, namely:
    • INS Garuda - This is a defence airport, which is 60 kms away from Alleppey.
    • INS Venduruthy - This is a defence airport, about 58 kms from Alleppey.
    • Cochin International Airport - This is an international airport about 100 kms from Alleppey.
    • Kollam Airport - This is an aerodrome in the city of Kollam about 85 kms from Alleppey. However, it's non-functional as of now.
    • Calicut International Airport - This is an international airport about 216 kms from Alleppey.
    • Trivandrum International Airport - This is also an international airport about 160 kms from Alleppey.
    So out of these choices, your best options would be the Cochin International Airport and the Trivandrum International Airport. INS Garuda and INS Venduruthy only caters to military aircrafts. Kollam Airport is not functional as of the moment. And lastly, Calicut International Airport is the farthest from Alleppey.

There's a new airport being constructed called the Kannur International Airport. It's scheduled to open September of this year. However, Kannur is 321 kms from Alleppey so it's not a feasible idea even if the airport is completed to reach Alleppey from it.

Here are some flights from Delhi to Cochin International Airport so you have some idea of how long the duration of the flight is:

Indigo
    • 6E 445 - Departs at 21:05 and arrives at 00:05. Flight duration is about three hours. Fare is at Rs. 4,318 per passenger.
    • 6E 315 - Departs at 6:30 and arrives at 9:30. Flight duration is about three hours. Fare is at Rs. 4,847 per passenger.
    • 6E 289 - Departs at 13:30 and arrives at 16:40. Flight duration is about three hours and ten minutes. Fare is at Rs. 4,847 per passenger.
    Air India
    • AI 831 - Departs at 5:50 and arrives at 8:55. Flight duration is about three hours and five minutes. Fare is at Rs. 5,052 per passenger.
    • AI 439 - Departs at 6:15 and arrives at 11:25. Flight duration is about five hours. Fare is at Rs.7,425 per passenger.
    Then, here are some flights from Delhi to Trivandrum International Airport:

Indigo
    • 6E 445 - Departs at 21:05 and arrives at 1:25. Flight duration is about four hours. Fare is at Rs. 5,112 per passenger.
    • 6E 359 - Departs at 15:55 and arrives at 19:20. Flight duration is about 3 hours and 25 minutes. Fare is at Rs. 5,431 per passenger.
    • 6E 315 - Departs at 6:30 and arrives at 10:50. Flight duration is about 4 hours and 20 minutes. Fare is at Rs. 6,172 per passenger.
    These are all the shortest flights, others are about 6 hours and even 20 hours and above. So I think they're not worth boarding in. Rates are also higher for them so it's more economical and convenient to book these flights as they have the shortest duration and lowest prices.

I hope this helps!:)