1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi To Lansdowne Road Condition

Discussion in 'North India' started by Talking Monkey, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Talking Monkey

Talking Monkey New Member

It is that time of the year again when we start sweating here in Delhi and start searching for hill stations to go to. I am planning to go to Lansdowne this time as I have never been there. I have been to many others in North India so would like to go to Lansdowne this time as I hear good things about the place and apparently it is not too far from Delhi either. I have a few questions if you can help me with these.

How far is Lansdowne from Delhi ?

Which route should I take ?

What is the current Delhi to Lansdowne road condition?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Lansdowne is a little over 250 Km from Delhi.

I would suggest Delhi -> Meerut -> Bijnor -> Najibabad -> Kotdwar -> Lansdowne

Roads on the route I have mentioned are in fairly good condition. Last I traveled on that route was two years ago so cannot say what the roads are like right now, back then it was all good.

I would suggest leaving Delhi early in the morning about 2:30-3:00 AM and get out of NCR area before everyone wakes up else you will be navigating bad traffic until Meerut. Beyond Meerut, I won't advise driving at night at all mainly because the whole state is crime prone and people drink and drive besides some other problems.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there! Welcome to the forum!

The distance between Delhi to Lansdowne is about 270 kms. It depends on what route you take. There are three routes that lead to Lansdowne, here they are:
    • Route No. 1 via NH534 - Delhi > Muradnagar > Khatauli > Bijnor > Kiratpur > Najibabad > Kotdwara > Lansdowne.
    This route is 264 kms long and it can take you 6 hours or more to reach Lansdowne. It also has tolls so most of the roads are in good condition.
    • Route No. 2 via Pauri National Highway - Delhi > Sonipat > Khatauli > Bijnor > Kiratpur > Najibabad > Kotdwara > Lansdowne.
    This route is 267 kms long and it can take you 6 hours or more to reach Lansdowne.
    • Route No. 3 via NH34 - Delhi > Ghaziabad > Hapur > Meerut > Miranpur > Bijnor > Kiratpur > Najibabad > Kotdwara > Lansdowne.
    This route is about 272 kms long and it can take you 6 and a half hours to reach Lansdowne. It also has tolls so most of the roads are in good condition.

So on average, expect about 6 to 7 hours of journey time to reach Lansdowne from Delhi.

As you can see from the routes I've posted above, they're mostly the same and they converge in Khatauli/Bijnor. It's up to you what route you can take and it also depends from where on Delhi you come from. Breaking down the road conditions, from Delhi to Bijnor, you won't encounter any problems. There are some bad patches around Meerut and Bijnor but it's just a little stretch. From Bijnor to Lansdowne, there are some uphill climbs but overall, the roads are in good condition.

The road conditions between Delhi and Lansdowne are excellent. I've mentioned them above already. You might encounter some issues around Meerut and Bijnor but that's about it. Overall, road conditions are good enough and it's a smooth drive. I'd advice against driving during night time though as the fogs can be difficult to drive in. So leave early so you can reach Lansdowne by mid-afternoon or before the sun sets.

I hope this helps.:)