1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance Between Udaipur and Ahmedabad

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by ShekarPanu, Jul 1, 2016.

1. ShekarPanu

ShekarPanu New Member

I will be going Udaipur soon for a holiday with the boys. We will be spending around four days there just relaxing and visiting a few places. We are considering going to Ahmedabad from there but need to know a few things which we finalise the decision.

1. What is the distance between Udaipur and Ahmedabad?

2. How long would it take to reach Ahmedabad from Udaipur, taking into consideration any traffic?

3. Should we drive during the day or night?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @ShekarPanu! Welcome to the forum!

The road distance between Udaipur and Ahmedabad is 262 kms via National Highway 48. If you take the National Highway 27 route, it's a bit longer at 346 kms. It can take anywhere between 4 to 5 hours to reach your destination.

The rail distance between Udaipur and Ahmedabad is 296 kms. The travel time can take anywhere between 4 to 5 hours as well via train.

It depends on the traffic and the route you choose. But on average, expect 4 and a half hours to reach Ahmedabad. This is considering the traffic and provided you won't have any stopovers. If you do decide to have stopovers, then maybe 5 hours of travel time.

I suggest driving during the day so you can reach your destination early as well. If you're unfamiliar with the roads, it is better to drive during the day so you can be safer. Leave early in the morning to avoid the morning rush, too. There's also better lighting during the day so you can avoid any accidents.

I hope this helps!