1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance between Jaipur and Delhi

Discussion in 'North India' started by AnkeshSethi, Nov 24, 2016.

1. AnkeshSethi

AnkeshSethi New Member

I am from Jaipur and am planning a trip to Delhi to visit my relatives. This would be my first trip to Delhi, and I would like to know what the distance between Jaipur and Delhi is and how long it would take me to reach Delhi by car?

I am also considering going to Agra first then to Delhi, would this be a good idea?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

[​IMG]

Overview

The distance between Jaipur and Delhi is about 270 kilometres. Driving this distance can take you around 6 hours, more when you take public transportation. Delhi is located to the north of Jaipur and you would take the national highway when reaching the former from the latter. On the other hand, Agra is located to the northeast of Jaipur. It is about 238 kilometres away from Jaipur, so about 4 hours of driving away. You can certainly incorporate Agra into your trip, as it is directly connected to Delhi via the Yamuna Expressway.

Distance Between Jaipur and Delhi + Routes

As mentioned above, the average distance between Jaipur and Delhi is 270 kilometres. The routes below are mainly good, but because of the traffic on both sides, your travel time can take more than 6 hours, depending on the time of the day that you drive in.
    • Route No. 1 via NH8 - Jaipur > Shahpura > Kotputli > Behror > Bawal > Bhiwadi > Gurugram > Delhi.
    This is the route that is about 270 kilometres long and is also the more preferred route of travellers. The hardest stretch on this route would have to be from Jaipur until Bhiwadi. Actually, the route from Jaipur to Delhi is worse as compared to the route coming back, from Delhi to Jaipur.

Although the roads are manageable, the combination of the roads, the trucks and the traffic can be bad. So leave as early as 5:00 am to avoid the early morning or late afternoon rush hours.

From Gurugram to Delhi, roads are pretty good since this in Delhi already. Again, traffic is your main issue here so if you arrive in the city during rush hours, expect travel time to be more than the hours posted above.
    • Route No. 2 via NH21 - Jaipur > Dausa > Bandikui > Alwar > Tijara > Bhiwadi > Gurugram > Delhi.
    This alternative route is about 328 kilometres long. It can take you around 6 to 7 hours to cover this distance. The good feature of this route is that there is considerably less traffic here. From Jaipur to Alwar, you might encounter a few diversions and traffic but still pretty manageable. The roads are quite good as well.

From Alwar to Gurugram, road conditions are also okay but most only have two lanes. Still, traffic here is lesser and so you can enjoy your drive in this stretch. It might only take you a few more minutes from Gurugram and you'd reach Delhi already.

So these are the two routes that you can take if you decide to reach Delhi directly from Jaipur. The first route is shorter but has more traffic and a few bad stretches. The second route is longer but is smoother and easier to drive in.

Jaipur, Agra and Delhi Route

If you intend to go to Agra first, you can certainly do that. Your total distance would be 471 kilometres and your driving time would be around 8 to 9 hours.
    • Route for Jaipur, Agra and Delhi - Jaipur > Dausa > Bharatpur > Agra > Malupur > Yamuna Expressway > Greater Noida > Noida > Delhi.
    So this is the route for the three destinations, also known as the Golden Triangle. Anyway, from Jaipur to Agra, roads are pretty good, but there are some patches of bad roads around Bharatpur. It can take you around 4 to 5 hours to cover this distance by driving.

In contrast, the Yamuna Expressway connects Agra to Delhi and driving here is a breeze. You might encounter a few diversions around Malupur or even traffic. But from Yamuna Expressway until Noida, roads are smooth and wide. Most of the roads have six lanes so you can enjoy the space.

As you reach Noida, the inevitable Delhi traffic would greet you, especially if you arrive during rush hours. But beyond that, the roads are good and easy to drive in.

I hope this helps you.:)