1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exotic Teas?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Barty, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Barty

Barty New Member

I love drinking Darjeeling tea, but I was just wondering if there are any other exotic teas that India is famous for? Are there any blends here that you can't get anywhere else?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I love Darjeeling too - definitely a favorite of mine! Assam tea is also Indian.

I also can't go past chai when I think of India - I love chai tea! It's really gained a lot of popularity globally in the last few years, I think.

3. Amelie

Amelie New Member

I was surprised to enjoy chai tea very much - I even make it at home now, it's crazy. A friend mentioned Darjeeling, but she said she enjoyed Nilgiri tea more. I couldn't find them anywhere in my country, sadly. What does Darjeeling taste like?

4. TravelCheap3

TravelCheap3 Member

Chai tea is one of my favorites. Has a nice, herbal flavor that I really enjoy. Sometimes a little honey and it's great! Cheers and Happy New year!

5. Vnisha

Vnisha New Member

Assam is a city known for tea leaves which exports around the world. You can try Taj Mahal tea.

6. Nita

Nita New Member

I also love drinking different teas. I have had Assam and Chai tea before. I loved them and thought they were fantastic. I sure hope I can try other teas when I'm in India. I'd love to bring some home. A friend bought me a box of tea home from Japan and China. They were fantastic.

7. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Assam is not a city, it is a state.