1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food in Udaipur

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by FlashParker, Nov 26, 2014.

1. FlashParker

FlashParker New Member

Hello All

My friends and I are planning a trip to India in January, I have been to India before and I love Indian street food from Old Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. This time I am coming down to India with a group of friends and all of us are excited to try some spicy Indian street food. I know many places in Jaipur but I call for some suggestions about Udaipur. What all things and where can we go in Udaipur

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Chai Matthi is what you get in Rajasthan :)

Rajasthani cuisine isint much to speak of to be honest. You will find a few decent restaurants at Udaipur but I cannot remember anything special about street food at Udaipur. Delhi and Mumbai is where you would find some wonderful street food as there is a long standing culture that goes with it but Udaipur is not known for that to say the least.

3. Tyson

Tyson New Member

This is a shame. I wonder why the cuisine here is so different than other parts of India. It would make perfect since if the food here was similar to different regions. I guess each regiojn in India has their own cuisine and what they offer tourists and locals to eat.

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

They have plenty of regional dishes at Udaipur but the problem is that us lot from North India want our own food where ever we go :) You can get "Gatta curry" and "Daal bati choorma" at Udaipur which you wont find outside of Rajasthan but not everyone would like those dishes as it is an aquired taste. I personally didint like either of them and anywhere in Rajasthan they dont have good frontier or Muglai food atleast in the midrange of budget resturants but the luxury hotels have plenty of good dishes just like every where else in India.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello!

Here's some must-try restaurant or eateries in Udaipur:
    • Raas Leela. They have Rajasthani, North Indian, Continental and Chinese cuisines. It can be a bit of a challenge to reach this place though because the path leading to it steep and narrow. But once you get there, it's well worth the trip. It is located in Soni Ji Ki Bari, Adjoining The Leela Kempinsky, Pichola, Udaipur. Try out their Tandoori Chicken and Mutton Biryani.
    • Millets of Mewar. Located in 16, Bhim Parmeshwar Marg, Hanuman Ghat, Outside Chandpole. They have Rajasthani and Continental cuisines. They also have a few Korean cuisines. Try out their Pasta Dishes and their Paneers.
    • Upre by 1559 AD. Located in Lake Pichola Hotel, Outside Chandpole. They have Rajasthani, North Indian and Continental cuisines. Try out their Chicken Rara and Paneer Tikka.
    • Tribute. Located in 89-B, Monica Complex, Ambamata Temple Road, Fateh Sagar, Udaipur. They also have the same cuisines as Upre. Try out their Hara Bhara Kebab and Saag Chicken.
    • Ambrai - Amet Haveli. Located in Amet Haveli, Outside Chandpole, Naga Nagri, Pichola, Udaipur. They have North Indian, Continental and Chinese cuisines. Try out their Biryani and Lachcha Paratha.
    You mentioned that you love street foods, so here's a few you can find in Udaipur:
    • Jagdish Misthan Bhandar. Located in 16, Sarang Marg, Surajpole. Try out their Kachori and Mawa.
    • OMG Food Court and Gaming. Located in Food Court, 4th Floor, Rkay Mall, Panchwati, Udaipur. Try out their Samosas and Shakes.
    • Rooti Wrap and Rolls. Located in Pyau, Opposite Mohta Park, Pahadi Bus Stand, Near Chetak Circle, Panchwati, Udaipur. Try out their Paneer Mayo Tikki.
    I hope this helps!