1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food in Surat

Discussion in 'Gujarat' started by Londoner, Dec 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Londoner

Londoner New Member

I'm visiting Surat once again middle of Feb for a month. I'm a Londoner, and I enjoy great food here in London town.

Surat is known for as a foody city, but every time I visit, I am left very disappointed. May be I'm just going to wrong places.

So, anyone from Surat here? Any recommendations of places to go to?

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

I have just replied to a similar thread which you have posted, please refer to that for recommendations on places to eat in Surat.

Have a read of the thread must try restaurants in Surat.

3. Deven

Deven Member

I'm not from Surat but I can definitely recommend places to visit and you will surely enjoy.

Sasumaa Gujarati Thali: This restaurant serves delicious Gujarati thali, a platter of various dishes served on a banana leaf.

Kansar Gujarati Thali: Another great option for Gujarati thali, Kansar Gujarati Thali is known for its generous portions and authentic flavors.

Gopal Locho Khaman House: This restaurant is a must-visit for fans of locho, a steamed snack made with gram flour and lentils.

Mysore Cafe: This restaurant serves delicious South Indian cuisine, including thalis, dosas, and idlis.

Jalaram Khichadi: This restaurant is a popular spot for khichdi, a savory rice dish made with lentils and vegetables.

Vada Pav: This street food stall is a must-try for fans of vada pav, a fried mashed potato patty served in a pav (bread roll).

Pista Lounge: This restaurant serves delicious North Indian cuisine, including biryanis, kebabs, and curries.