Glastonbury Street Goa

Discussion in 'Goa' started by ClaireS, Apr 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ClaireS

ClaireS New Member

I am going to be in Goa in the next two weeks, and I am just gathering information on places to visit. Of course being a girl I have to include the places to shop. I have come across by the name of Glastonbury Street, and I need to know what I can expect from this place.

What kind of things are sold on Glastonbury Street?

Are there any good eating places on Glastonbury Street?

Is this a safe place to shop at, i.e., any pick pockets?

What other shopping places are there in Arambol?

2. Deven

Deven Member

Glastonbury Street has a range of items ranging from embroidery products like bags and clothes, bed sheets, jewelry and accessories, figurines and things related to music and art.. If you are someone posh, then you would probably find that the products sold are more of the hippie style.

Fellini's is a very popular place to eat, they serve wood fired pizzas which are well known with people living in the area. You will find a queue at this place, so be ready to wait around a bit. Another popular restaurant is Relax Inn who serve fish which has been freshly caught from the sea.

Glastonbury is a safe place to shop. Be anywhere it is always safe to keep your handbags safely with you and money security kept in pockets or inside of handbags.

From what I know there are no other shopping places in Arambol, other shopping places are Anjuna and Calagunte which is within 30km of Arambol.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Glastonbury Street is located in Arambol, Goa. It is the main shopping destination in the Arambol area.

There's lots of stalls and shops selling different things in Glastonbury Street. You can find embroidery items, bangles and accessories here. There's also clothes, shoes and even clay pipes here.

Yes, here's a few I can recommend:
    • Double Dutch. Try out their Cherry Monsoon Pie, Buddha's Dream and Apple Pie.
    • Olive Garden. Best for seafood dishes, try out their Seafood Plate.
    • Shiva Moon Cafe. Perfect for snacks!
    • German Bakery. I love their Cinnamon Rolls and Chocolate Cake. They also have Chai Tea and Coffee.
    Arambol is generally safe even for families. As with any tourist destination, being a foreigner can make you a target for pickpockets. So you still need to exercise caution and be observant of your surroundings. That being said, Arambol is one of the safest destinations in Goa.

I only know of Arambol Hammocks which sells hammocks including flying carpets and flying chairs. Their location is at House No. 327, Junas Wada, near Amrapali Bungalows, Mandrem, Pernem, Goa.

There are also shops nearby the beach itself selling bags, clothes and other items. Other shopping places are in Anjuna, Baga and Calangute.

I hope this helps!