1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangalore Airport to Satellite Bus Stand

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Power Ranger, May 27, 2016.

1. Power Ranger

Power Ranger New Member

I will be travelling to Bangalore from Hyderabad by air. Scheduled arrival time of my Indigo flight is at 10 AM. I need to go to KSRTC Satellite Bus Stand on Mysore Road, from where one of my colleagues would pick me up. I have never been to Bangalore and don't have much idea about the city transportation. I would like to know -

1. How far is the Mysore Road Satellite Bus Stand from Bangalore International Airport?
    2. What is the best way to travel from Bangalore Airport to Satellite Bus Stand?

If any direct public transport facility is available, then that would be my first preference over hiring a taxi/cab.

Please help me out.

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

KSRTC Satellite Bus Stand (MCTC bus stand) is located near Kengeri off Bangalore-Mysore Highway. That means you would need to travel from the extreme North to the South-West end of the city, through the heart of Bangalore.

Distance from Bangalore Airport to Mysore Road Satellite Bus Stand is around 59 KM. The journey would take no less than 2 hours, provided you do not encounter too much traffic inside the city.

The only mode of public transport from Bangalore Airport to Satellite Bus Stand is the KSRTC Volvo bus service. BIAS-10 is the bus route that goes to Mysore Road Satellite Bus Stand directly from the airport. The fare is INR 220 per passenger. The frequency is on the lower side though - once in 2 hours.

Another option is to board BIAS-9 which goes to Majestic (KBS). The frequency of BIAS-9 is good and you can get a bus in every 30 minutes. From Majestic, the Satellite Bus Stand is just around 14 KM. You need to change the bus at Majestic and board another bus (route no 221 A, B or D) to reach Mysore Road Satellite Bus Stand. Otherwise, you can hire a city taxi or auto from Majestic to Satellite Bus Stand. It won't cost you more than 200/250 bucks.

Third option is to hire an airport taxi directly from BIA to Mysore Road Satellite Bus Stand. Meru Cabs charge Rs 19.50 per KM. So the total fare would come up to around INR 1200.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Deb

Admin likes this.