1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goa in October

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Tina Penn, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Tina Penn

Tina Penn New Member

Hi, I am currently planning a surprise trip to India for my husbands 60th birthday next year. I am obviously planning on doing the Golden Triangle and adding in a couple of days in Ranthambore, Udaipur and Mumbai. As it's going to be quite a whirlwind tour I thought it might be nice to add on a few days in Goa at the end but most websites say that the weather can still be very rainy in Goa in October so I am wondering whether it is actually worth spending the extra time and money.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this please?

2. Deven

Deven Member

Hi Tina, it's correct that during the month of October you can expect some rains because the monsoon season just finishes in September.

However, on an average, you can expect 6 days of rain throughout the month of October, and it's not heavy rains but just light showers, so if you don't mind that then you can visit Goa.
    If you visit Goa at a later date in October then the chances of rain minimise.

As you will be going Mumbai then I think that you should go Goa as it's not far from there and especially if Goa is a place you would really like to see, then I don't think you should miss the opportunity. If you are OK with making late plans, then you can always decide whether to go or not when you arrive in Mumbai and make your booking from there and that way you will get the exact and correct information about the Goa weather at that particular time.

3. Prarthana Varma

Prarthana Varma New Member

Hi Tina,

If you are planning to visit Goa in the last two weeks of October, then you'll be delighted with the pleasant weather. Also, Goa is very close to Mumbai so I would recommend including Goa in your itinerary, if you are already visiting Mumbai. Goa will offer you the beautiful beaches that Mumbai won't and the vibe of Goa is irreplaceable.