1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather in Goa in August

Discussion in 'Goa' started by JitinMahajan, Jun 26, 2016.

1. JitinMahajan

JitinMahajan New Member

I want to visit Goa and the only available time I have is in August. Although I don't see any problems going, the only issue I see is the weather, as it may be a bit humid.

Due to monsoons will there be any restrictions on visiting the beach, or precise timings when we would be able to go to the beach?

Please provide some information about the weather in Goa in August and if I should go during this particular month or not?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The weather in Goa during August is a little bit humid and hot. There will be some rain showers although it's not unusual to experience sunshine as well. It won't rain every day, that's for sure but if it does rain, it will pour. We cannot really predict whether it will rain that day or not. But keep in mind that it is still considered as the monsoon season during August so there's a higher possibility of rains.

Going to the beach or swimming isn't really restricted but since it's rainy season, the tide can be higher. The seas can be rougher and you really cannot enjoy it much. Aside from that, some of the beaches can be dirty during the monsoon season. Other restrictions would be water sports which you won't be able to do. You can only do white water rafting on the river. Yachts and cruises can also be done, depending on the weather itself for that day.

If you like greenery, then going in the monsoon season is fine. What's more, if you like relaxing and just lounging around, you can also opt to go during this month. Sight seeing is also great during this month. You can even avail of great discounts in accommodations and transportations since it's off peak season. But if you like crowds, night life, water sports and restaurants, then the month of August might not be the best for you.

I hope this helps!