1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to Srilanka from India

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Rob Holden, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Rob Holden

Rob Holden New Member

This might actually sound like a stupid question but on our trip to India we would be traveling to Hampi and I was wondering if there is any way we could take a ferry to Srilanka from somewhere down South? Preferably to Colombo. If this is possible it would cut down our flight costs by a lot as Srilankan Airways flight work out so much cheaper for flying into Delhi and out of Colombo and we would also be able to cover Srilanka on the same trip.

Anybody has any experience crossing over the border by sea? Is this even allowed? If this is possible then we would save up on coming back to Delhi from Hampi and move straight to Srilanka instead.

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

I do not have any experience of going to Srilanka by sea or even by air but I would like to bring to your attention that Hampi is in Karnataka and is no where near any sea ports. You would need to travel a very long distance to get to somewhere like Cochin or Chennai. I just thought you should know that Hampi is not anywhere near those sea ports.