1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going To Nepal From India Via Road

Discussion in 'Nepal' started by DevilKid, Oct 3, 2015.

1. DevilKid

DevilKid New Member

I had a quick question, do you need a visa to go to Nepal from India on the road? Is there no way around getting a visa? A friend of mine is planning a trip to the area with the borders of Nepal but forgot to get the Visa.

Thanks in advance! :D

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

DevilKid likes this.

3. DevilKid

DevilKid New Member

Whoops :$ Didn't read that post before making a new one. Sorry!

Also, do they have border checks to check if someone is Indian or Foreign?

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Yes, they do and those checks are carried out strictly. Indian nationals are required to have a photo ID as proof and foreign nationals need their passport and visa as required by the nationals of the country they belong to.

DevilKid likes this.
  5. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

Indian nationals do not need visa in Nepal. If you are an Indian and travel to Nepal via air, you need a passport. The authorities need to check whether you actually are an Indian. However, if you travel by land, all you need is an ID with a photo. You can enter Nepal by land through various points, for example, Rupaidya, Sunauli, Rakshaul etc.

6. AlapanB

AlapanB Member

As others have posted before, Indian citizens don't need Visa to enter the country, though they do need an identity proof (voter Id or aadhar card) to be able to enter Nepal. The easiest way to go from Mumbai is to go via Delhi. There are flights available directly from Delhi to Kathmandu. Or if you prefer to go via land, there are direct bus routes from Delhi to the country.

7. Travis

Travis New Member

This is very interesting and I should read up on visa requirements. I would love to go to Nepal while I’m in India. But it is requires specials visas and problems getting back into India, I might change my mind.

8. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Is the bus ride worth the added time? I am thinking of taking a flight, but wonder if the bus is an experience worth taking. I would think the views would be incredible, but if it is long, it might not be worth it. Does anyone have an opinion?