1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gorakhpur to Kathmandu

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Jagan, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Jagan

Jagan New Member

I am planning a visit to Kathmandu from Gorakhpur and need help in finding out the fare for the different modes of transport for this particular journey along with some other queries.

1. How much would the Gorakhpur to Kathmandu fare be for a taxi, bus, and flight?

2. Which mode of transport is most convenient?

3. Is it possible to travel from Gorakhpur to Kathmandu by car?

4. What permits or documents would I require when traveling from Gorakhpur to Kathmandu by car?

5. How long would the car journey take?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

Here's the answers to your questions:

1. How much would the Gorakhpur to Kathmandu fare be for a taxi, bus, and flight?
    • Well, there's no direct buses from Gorakhpur to Kathmandu. From Gorakhpur you need to get to Sunauli first. If you take the bus, this can cost Rs 200 to Rs 300. Then from Sunauli you can go to Kathmandu via bus, which can cost Rs 800 to Rs 1,000. Taxis from Gorakhpur can cost up to Rs 1450 per 80 kms. It can be higher depending on what type of taxi you choose and of course the destination. The trip from Gorakhpur to Kathmandu can cover a distance of about 350 kms. If you choose to travel by a plane, it can cost as much as Rs 7,500 to Rs 9,500.
    2. Which mode of transport is most convenient?
    • The most convenient would have to be the flight travel. It has the shortest time as well and you won't need to wait such a long time reach your destination.
    3. Is it possible to travel from Gorakhpur to Kathmandu by car?
    • Yes, you can travel from Gorakhpur to Kathmandu using your car.
    4. What permits or documents would I require when traveling from Gorakhpur to Kathmandu by car?
    • If you're an Indian, you won't need a visa. But you would need one the following: passport, driver's license, photo identity card, ration card, election commission card or identity card.
    5. How long would the car journey take?

• It can take anywhere between five to seven hours, depending on your stopovers and traffic as well.
    I hope this helps!

3. Kritika

Kritika New Member

For me travelling from Gorakhpur to Kathmandu is a very easy trip one can have as there are almost every mode of transportation ranging from public to private one. But for the convenient way of travelling then flight (direct flight) would serve the purpose, in case you are looking for the road trip then you have to hire a car from Gorakhpur to Sanauli then to Kathmandu, and it depends upon the distance/km and kind of vehicle you choose. Next thing is that strictly carry all your identification proof /photo IDs, if you are not Indian and time taken depends upon your kind of journey you pick like if you want to stop on regular interval for sightseeing or anything like that. Hope you have a great trip , but avoid visiting Kathmandu in Monsoon. Thanks.