1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hornbill Festival Details

Discussion in 'Nagaland' started by Naikey, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Naikey

Naikey New Member

Hi all, I am interested in going to the next Hornbill festival and I would be grateful in knowing some details about it such as the dates, location, the number of days it lasts, etc.

Many thanks, everyone.

2. Kate Collins

Kate Collins Member

Is that the festival related to the hornbill bird? A friend shared stories of the festival and it kinda interesting.

3. Prits

Prits Member

Even I have heard of the Hornbill festival but never seen it being much-advertised maybe because it's in the North East of India, but I know this much that it's one of the festivals which must be attended at least once in a lifetime.
    I am too interested in knowing more about it, and hope one day I can attend the festival too.

Kate Collins likes this.
  4. Kate Collins

Kate Collins Member

Same here! It is pretty good to have a personal experience of the festival compared to just hearing it from others. So someday, I would really wish to attend this Hornbill Festival.

5. Deven

Deven Member

The Hornbill Festival is a fantastic way to experience the rich culture of Nagaland, India! Here are the details to help you plan your trip:
    • Dates: The Hornbill Festival is held annually from December 1st to December 10th.

• Location: The main venue of the festival is the Kisama Heritage Village, located in the Southern Angami region of Kohima district. Kohima is the capital city of Nagaland, and Kisama is about 12 kilometers away.

• Duration: The festival lasts for 10 days. During this time, you can experience a vibrant celebration showcasing the diverse cultures and traditions of Nagaland's 16 tribes.
    Here's some additional information that might be helpful:

• Activities: The festival offers a variety of activities, including traditional dance performances, music shows, archery competitions, fashion shows showcasing local textiles, food stalls offering regional delicacies, and exhibitions of arts and crafts.
    • Accommodation: It's advisable to book your accommodation in Kohima or the surrounding areas well in advance, especially since the festival attracts a large number of tourists.
    • Weather: December in Nagaland is generally pleasant with comfortable temperatures. However, it can get a little chilly in the evenings, so pack accordingly.
    I hope this information helps you plan your trip to the Hornbill Festival! It's a truly unique and unforgettable experience.