1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels in Agra near Taj Mahal

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Paarth, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Paarth

Paarth New Member

I will be in Agra for the second time. Last time I came it was a quick trip, and I was not able to stay there the night, but this time I wish to be in Agra for at least two days.

My preference is to find a hotel in Agra near Taj Mahal. I understand that the hotels near the Taj Mahal would be costly, but I am after a hotel which is cheap but also near the Taj Mahal.
    I need help from members to find me a cheap hotel near the Taj Mahal.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Paarth! Welcome to the forum!

Here are some cheap hotels that are located near the Taj Mahal:

Hotels Under Rs. 1,000 Near the Taj Mahal

1. Krishna Haveli - This is just 1.6 kilometres away from the Taj Mahal or about a 20-minute walk away. The rooms here are very basic but given their economical rates, it's understandable. However, the staff are very accommodating and hospitable. They would be there to assist you whether you have travel needs or queries. They also have a rooftop cafe/restaurant which serves one of the best tasting pizzas in the city.
    • Tariff - Deluxe Room at Rs. 951 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Flat-screen television, wardrobe cabinet, WiFi and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Restaurant, parking, 24 hours security and 24 hours front desk.
    • Address - No. 32-A, Amarlok Colony, Opposite Jalma Hospital, Near Ship Gram Parking, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001.
    • Contact Number - +91 99998 86434.
    2. Hotel Grace Agra - This is just a walking distance from the Taj Mahal as well. You can reach the Taj Mahal by walking in about 25 minutes or so. The hotel has a rooftop restaurant in which the Taj Mahal is also viewable. This restaurant serves Indian, Chinese and Gujarati cuisines. The hotel also provides internet access to guests. They can also arrange for special food requests as long as they are notified early. Their travel desk caters for all the needs of the tourists.
    • Tariff - Single Non AC Room at Rs. 550 per night and Single AC Room at Rs. 850 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Flat-screen television, room service and attached bathroom with 24 hours hot/cold running water.
    • Hotel Facilities - Rooftop restaurant, laundry, power backup, travel desk and parking.
    • Address - Tourist Complax Area, Near Taj Mahal, Shamshabad Road, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001.
    • Contact Number - +91 98083 22368.
    3. Hotel Safari Agra - This is about 3.1 kilometres away from the Taj Mahal. Walking that distance can take you about 30 minutes or so. Or you can just ride an auto to take you there. The hotel also provides pick-up and drop-off for guests coming from the airport or the railway station. From the hotel's rooftop, you can also see the Taj Mahal. Rooms here are very basic but well-maintained and has the necessary amenities you might need.
    • Tariff - Standard Non AC Room at Rs. 550 per night and Standard AC Room at Rs. 850 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Flat-screen television, room service and attached bathroom with 24 hours hot/cold running water.
    • Hotel Facilities - Rooftop lounge, laundry, generator, doctor on call, spacious garden, parking and travel desk.
    • Address - Minto Road, Near Shamshabad Road, Gol Market, Shaheed Nagar, Sainik Nagar, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001.
    • Contact Number - +91 98970 98169.
    4. Hotel Gayatri Palace - This is about 2.6 kilometres away from the Taj Mahal. Walking that distance can take you about 25 minutes or so. It is also just 3.1 kilometres away from the Agra Fort. Rooms have marble flooring and elegant interiors. Internet is also widely available in all the public areas of the hotel. Their restaurant serves delicious local and regional cuisines. The hotel also provides tourists with travel information that they might need.
    • Tariff - Standard AC Room at Rs. 1,000 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Satellite LCD television, room service and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Restaurant, parking, travel desk and car rental.
    • Address - Fatehabad Road, Near Basai Police Chowki, Taj Nagri Phase-1, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001.
    • Contact Number - +91 562 233 0151.
    5. Hotel Rosewood - This is about 1.8 kilometres away from the Taj Mahal. You can easily reach the Taj Mahal by walking. All their rooms have air-conditioning despite their economical rates. Rooms have simple designs with pastel colours that are quite easy on the eyes. You can also avail of their complimentary breakfast buffet that comes with the room tariff. Internet connectivity is also provided by the hotel.
    • Tariff - Standard AC Room at Rs. 700 per night and Deluxe Room at Rs. 900 per night. Rates are already inclusive of breakfast.
    • Room Amenities - Satellite LCD television, internet and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Restaurant, airport transfers and power backup.
    • Address - H. No. 18/159A/3, Opposite Kailash Cinema, M.P Pura, Tajganj, Fatehabad Road, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001.
    • Contact Number - +91 562 223 0538.
    6. Hotel Rashmi - This is about 1.3 kilometres away from the Taj Mahal. It is also just 4.2 kilometres away from the Agra Fort. It is a very homely hotel, suitable for families or even business travellers. They have an open-air restaurant serving local and international cuisines. An added bonus is that the Taj Mahal is viewable from the restaurant itself. Rooms are very basic but clean and you can opt for the AC one or Non AC one.
    • Tariff - Standard Non AC Room at Rs. 850 per night and Deluxe Room at Rs. 999 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Cable television, internet and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Restaurant, airport transfers, doctor on call, laundry, parking, taxi rentals and power backup.
    • Address - Taj Mahal Eastern Gate Road, Near Hotel Amar Vilas, Taj Ganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001.
    • Contact Number - +91 93196 01900.
    7. Viren Sofitel - This is about 1.5 kilometres away from the Taj Mahal. It is also just 2.4 kilometres from the Moti Masjid. Their rooms are basic, especially the Non AC Rooms. The upgraded version, the AC Room, is a little bit more comfortable so you can opt for that. They also have a multi-cuisine restaurant within the hotel premises. They also have a business centre with high-speed internet, printer and photocopier. They can also assist you with your travel needs through their travel desk.
    • Tariff - Non AC Room at Rs. 625 per night and AC Room at Rs. 925 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Satellite television, seating area and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Restaurant, money exchange, laundry, parking and business centre.
    • Address - No. 41, Bansal Nagar, Fatehabad Road, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001.
    • Contact Number - +91 97561 26253.
    8. Hotel Sheela - This is just 750 metres away from the Taj Mahal. This hotel is one of the closest hotels to the Taj Mahal but their room rates are still very affordable. Their Standard Non AC Rooms are very basic though but will do for a short stay. They do have a small garden which can be quite refreshing for guests. Their restaurant has an indoor and outdoor seating and serves both local and regional cuisines.
    • Tariff - Standard Non AC Room at Rs. 700 per night and Standard AC Room at Rs. 900 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Double bed and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Restaurant, internet, laundry, luggage storage and travel desk.
    • Address - 1/16 B, Eastern Gate Taj Mahal, Uttar Pradesh, India , Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
    • Contact Number - +91 562 2333074.
    9. Hotel Ravi Palace - This is about two kilometres away from the Taj Mahal. Rooms are spacious and even have mini-bars in them. Their restaurant serves different local and international cuisines. They also have a conference halls that guests can rent. They also provide sightseeing tours and guides for guests.
    • Tariff - Single Room at Rs. 700 per night and Double Room at Rs. 900 per night.
    • Room Amenities - LED television, mini-bar, air-conditioning and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Restaurant, internet, laundry, conference hall, doctor on call and travel desk.
    • Address - Fatehabad Road, Taj Nagri, Phase-I, Basai Khurd, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001.
    • Contact Number - +91 99274 49313.
    There you go. I hope this helps!

3. arunava basu

arunava basu New Member

All the Moderate hotels around tha Taj are horrible!!!! All are shabby, ill managed, bad client service and most of them are not well equipped to accomodate as many people as they do. I would suggest not to stay in any of these. Find yourself a good hotel in Agra Town.