How To Reach Taj Mahal From Mumbai?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Yanky86, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Yanky86

Yanky86 New Member

I am from Mumbai and myself with a group of friends wish to go and see the Taj Mahal. I would like how to reach Taj Mahal from Mumbai?

Please mention of all the options for traveling from Mumbai to the Taj Mahal.

Many thanks.

2. Karan

Karan Member

There are two options for traveling from Mumbai to Agra (Taj Mahal is located in Agra), one by flight then car or bus or by train.

Mumbai to Agra Flights

You can get a flight from Mumbai to Agra, but the only issue with this is that there are no direct flights you would either have to make 1, 2 or 3 stops and most of them have a very long layover.
    For example one of the cheapest flights is Rs6700 and it has the following itinerary:

Flight from Mumbai is at 10.25am which arrives at Varanasi at 12.40pm.

There is then a layover of 23 hours and 35 minutes.

The flight from Varanasi leaves the next day at 12.15pm and arrives at Agra at 1.25pm.

The other best flight option is getting a flight from Mumbai to Delhi and then getting a taxi or bus from Delhi to Agra.

Mumbai to Agra Trains

There are direct trains which go from Mumbai to Agra. You can choose from the following trains to reach Agra:

LTT – HW SUPER FAST EXP - This train operates on Mondays and Thursdays. The train leaves Mumbai at 7.55am and arrives in Agra at 4 am. The journey time is 20 hours and 5 minutes.

MANGALA LDWEEP - The train operates all days of the week. It leaves Mumbai at 1.45pm and arrives in Agra at 10.10am. The total journey time is 20 hours and 25 minutes.

LTT NZM AC EXP - The train operates only on Tuesdays. It leaves Mumbai at 2.30pm and arrives in Agra at 7.55am. The journey time is 17 hours 25 minutes.

Once you reach Agra you can get an auto or taxi to reach your hotel or the Taj Mahal.

3. semon

semon New Member

The best way to reach Agra from Mumbai is by air. The distance between Mumbai and Agra is 1036 km. It may take up to 1 hour and 50 minutes to reach Agra from Mumbai by flight. Air India and Alliance Air are the only available airlines, which operates flights from Mumbai to Agra. Alternatively, you can also take flight from Mumbai to New Delhi, when there is no flight available to Agra. From Agra Airport, you can hire rickshaw, car, or taxi to reach Taj Mahal.

4. anjalik097

anjalik097 New Member

@semon as you mention the air travel is the best way, I thought on it and now thinking about it can suggest me how can I get tickets in minmum cost.