1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Far Is Konark Temple From Puri?

Discussion in 'East India' started by Rohini, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Rohini

Rohini New Member

Evening forum, I am Rohini from Kolkata. Next month I am going to Puri with some friends. We thought that we should try visiting Konark and paying our respects at the Konark Temple.

What we needed to find out first was how far is Konark Temple from Puri?

2. Karan

Karan Member

Konarak Temple is at a distance of 35km from Puri, by road this would take you about an hour.

You can easily get a bus from Puri to Konark Temple or hire a taxi whichever you feel is suitable for you.

puri to konark temple.jpg

3. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

The distance between Konark Temple and Puri is 36 kilometers which is 22 miles. The journey takes approximately 1 hour by car or taxi. There are also regular buses that run between the two destinations.

Konark Temple is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most popular tourist attractions in Odisha. It is a 13th-century temple dedicated to the Sun God, Surya. The temple is famous for its intricate carvings and its unique architecture, which resembles a chariot.

If you are planning a trip to Odisha, I recommend visiting both Konark Temple and Puri. They are both fascinating places with a lot to offer visitors.