1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Far Is Ranthambore From Delhi?

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Varun, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Varun

Varun New Member

Before the summer heat starts getting high, I would like to take my children to Ranthambore. They have read about the national park a lot and are very eager to visit the place, so this year I decided I would take them.

To plan the trip properly I need to know how far is Ranthambore from Delhi?

Some kind of travel itinerary would be great, like the places to visit on the way to Ranthambore from Delhi.

2. Travel Freak

Travel Freak New Member

When traveling from Delhi to Ranthambore the distance you need to cover is 395km. If you make a straight journey from Delhi to Ranthambore it would take you between 8 - 10 hours depending on what speed you drive at.

Driving from Delhi to Ranthambore

If you are driving from Delhi to Ranthambore then the best route to travel on is via Jaipur, the road condition is excellent and it also gives you a chance to stop at Jaipur, some even spend a day or two at Jaipur making it an extra holiday destination.

delhi to ranthambore.jpg

Getting a train from Delhi to Ranthambore

The nearest train station to Ranthambore is Sawai Madhopur, so you need to get a train from Delhi to Sawai Madhopur. There are around ten trains which go from Delhi to Sawai Madhopur, which takes a duration of 5-7 hours depending on which train you choose. Sawai Madhopur is 10km away from Ranthambore. Once you arrive at Sawai Madhopur station you can easily get a taxi, auto or bus to Ranthambore.

3. Karan

Karan Member

I had travelled to Ranthambore from Delhi back in 2006 and we took our own car. If your going to be driving straight it would take minimum 10 hours and honestly speaking by the time you reach Ranthambore you would be tired and you would waste one day just getting recovering from the long drive.

I would suggest making a pitstop at Jaipur, it will give you a break and you will get to see two destinations in one trip.

4. Deven

Deven Member

The distance between Delhi and Ranthambore National Park is approximately 370 kilometers (230 miles). The most common mode of transportation for this journey is by road, and the travel time is usually around 6-7 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions.

Here's a suggested travel itinerary and places to visit on the way from Delhi to Ranthambore:

Day 1: Delhi to Ranthambore
    Morning:
    1. Departure from Delhi:
      • Start your journey early in the morning to make the most of your day. Leave Delhi and head towards Ranthambore.
    Mid-Morning:
    1. Breakfast Stop:
      • Plan a breakfast stop at a highway restaurant or dhaba along the way. Popular roadside eateries offer a variety of local and North Indian cuisine.
    Afternoon:
    1. Neemrana Fort Palace (Optional):
      • If you're interested in a detour, consider visiting the Neemrana Fort Palace. It's a historical fort turned hotel, offering a unique experience.
    Lunch:
    1. Lunch Break:
      • Stop for lunch at a restaurant or dhaba. You'll find several options along the route.
    Evening:
    1. Arrival in Ranthambore:
      • Reach Ranthambore by late afternoon or early evening, depending on your departure time. Check into your accommodation and relax.
    Day 2: Ranthambore National Park
    Morning:
    1. Morning Safari in Ranthambore National Park:
      • Start your day with an early morning safari in Ranthambore National Park. Witness the wildlife and enjoy the natural beauty of the park.
    Afternoon:
    1. Lunch and Relaxation:
      • Return from the safari, have lunch, and spend the afternoon relaxing at your hotel or exploring the local area.
    Evening:
    1. Ranthambore Fort (Optional):
      • If time permits, consider visiting the Ranthambore Fort in the evening. The fort offers panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
    Dinner:
    1. Dinner in Ranthambore:
      • Enjoy dinner at your hotel or explore local eateries in Ranthambore.
    Day 3: Explore and Departure
    Morning:
    1. Village Safari or Local Exploration:
      • Consider a village safari or explore the local culture and traditions in the morning.
    Afternoon:
    1. Lunch and Checkout:
      • Have lunch and check out from your hotel.
    Evening:
    1. Return Journey to Delhi:
      • Begin your return journey to Delhi in the afternoon or evening.
    Night:
    1. Dinner En Route:
      • Stop for dinner at a suitable place along the way.
    Late Night:
    1. Arrival in Delhi:
      • Reach Delhi late at night and conclude your trip.
    This itinerary provides a balance of travel time, wildlife exploration, and cultural experiences. Adjustments can be made based on your preferences and the available time for your trip. Safe travels!