1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Ranthambore Open in August?

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by Chugh, May 31, 2016.

1. Chugh

Chugh New Member

I will be in Jaipur at the end of July till the end of August and this year I had thought of visiting the famous Ranthambore National Park.

I have heard a few people telling me that the park is sometimes closed, but not one has any specific dates or the time of the year when it is closed. I wanted to make sure that is Ranthambore open in August so that I can plan my trip accordingly.

Monsoons would have started by then what would the weather like be in Ranthambore?

Do you think it would be ok and or do you think the weather can spoil the visit?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Chugh! And welcome to the forum!

The Ranthambore National Park is open from October 1 to June 30. From July to September though, the park is close to visitors. The park is closed, therefore, during the monsoon season. Before though, zones 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 were open even in the monsoon season. But since the park has become a critical site for the tigers, they have decided to close it completely during the monsoon season. Aside from that, the monsoon season is also the mating period of the animals.

The maximum temperature for August is 30°C and can get as low as 25°C. The weather is partly cloudy with chances of medium to heavy rainfall. Although temperatures drop down, humidity rises during this time.

It's better to postpone your plan. The monsoon season sees the closing time of the Ranthambore National Park. Even if it's open, the rainy season can prove to be difficult to enjoy your trip.

I hope this helps!