1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much to Tip Massage

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by MahikaBala, Jun 17, 2016.

1. MahikaBala

MahikaBala New Member

Hey, everyone, I need some advice regards tipping for a massage.
    My friends and I will be going for our first massage in a spa, and we have heard that your supposed to tip for a massage, now because it is our first time, we don't know what to tip.
    So we need help in finding out how much to tip for a massage?

2. oportosanto

oportosanto New Member

That's is a good question and I would be interested in knowing the answer too. I think it will depend on a number of factors. Number one, what sort of massage are you having? I think we usually tip on restaurants and taxis, but also on massages? I guess this will depends on the country costumes right?

3. Dybbuk Jones

Dybbuk Jones New Member

First off, make sure that the massage parlor is a legitimate massage parlor. There are a lot of New York massage parlors that don't really give you much of a massage but expect pretty high tips for other services. If that's what you're going for, more power to you, but there are plenty of forums to find out what the standard tip is. It also depends on how much the masseuse keeps. If you are paying the house then the masseuse gets a salary plus tips. If the masseuse is keeping the money or most of the money then the tip is less. $10-$20 or the equivalent is a pretty good tip depending on the massage.

4. ashley0323

ashley0323 New Member

I typically tip about $15 or so per hour. As long as it's a good, legit massage though. Having the $15 tip makes it worth their time, plus they generally get an hourly wage from the business that they work at.