1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Get Walkie Talkie License in India

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Mehul, Jun 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mehul

Mehul New Member

I wanted to get a walkie talkie for my trekking and cycling trips but have just discovered that to use a walkie talkie in India you need to have a license.

Now I don't have a clue about how and where to get a license from, so please can someone guide me on how to get walkie talkie license in India.
    Please also mention what documents are required and after how long I will get the license.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The first thing I would suggest for you to do is to just buy a walkie talkie from a licensed operator. This is hassle-free and convenient as the operator would take care of everything. Here are the set fees for a service operator of a walkie talkie:

• Handset: Rs 4,500
    • Registration fee: Rs 6,500
    • Yearly fee: Rs 1,750
    Otherwise, should you choose to get license the difficult route, then read on, here are the steps:
    • Get a license from the Department of Communications in New Delhi to use your own walkie talkie.
    • Apply for frequency for a specific location in Wireless Planning and Coordination Cell.
    • Obtain No Objection Certificate and Security Verification from Intelligence Bureau.
    • Seek a Written Approval to use the walkie talkie from Wireless Monitoring Cell.
    • Pay fees to WPC.
    • Wait for 6 months to a year to get your license.
    I hope this helps!