1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go Myanmar from India?

Discussion in 'Myanmar' started by Aadit69, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Aadit69

Aadit69 New Member

I am from Mumbai and together with my friend we want to go Myanmar. Not many people have been there, and from out of all the people, we know we are the first even to be thinking about this trip. It is why we need some help and need to know how to go Myanmar from India?

We would have loved a road trip, yes it would take very long, but that is something which we are after. We don't exactly know if it would be possible to drive there, so please provide details.

There were some text mentioning buses which go from Manipur to Myanmar, is this information correct?

I would love to hear about the experience of going from India to Myanmar from anyone who has been.

2. vkar

vkar Member

Yes, I have heard about the bus service from Moreh in Manipur to Maynmar. I remember reading about it in the news that it would be open and in service in 2016. But not sure if it is operational now or still in the works. The Manipur - Myanmar crossing existed before and the road was being upgraded for the bus service. But I have heard stories of people travelling that road in cabs/taxis before but only till the border and border crossing was not permitted.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Best way is to take a flight to Nay Pyi Taw.

If there are no direct flights from your city then look at Air Asia and get a connecting flight which would normally work out a lot cheaper as compared to other airlines.

4. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

India to Myanmar Road Trip

A road trip from India to Myanmar is an exciting and adventurous way to experience two beautiful and culturally rich countries. The journey takes you through stunning landscapes, including mountains, forests, and valleys, and gives you a glimpse into the lives of the people living in these remote regions.

Here is a guide on how to plan and undertake a road trip from India to Myanmar:

Planning your trip

• Visas: Indian citizens require a visa to enter Myanmar. You can apply for a visa online or at a Myanmar embassy or consulate.
    • Vehicle: You can drive your own car into Myanmar, or you can rent a car from a rental company in India. If you are driving your own car, you will need to obtain a Carnet de Pass from the Automobile Association of India.
    • Route: The most popular route for a road trip from India to Myanmar is through the border town of Moreh in Manipur. From Moreh, you can drive to the town of Tamu in Myanmar. From Tamu, you can continue on to other parts of Myanmar, such as Mandalay, Bagan, and Yangon.
    • Accommodation: There are a number of hotels and guesthouses in Moreh and Tamu. However, it is advisable to book your accommodation in advance, especially if you are traveling during the peak season.
    Safety Tips

• Be aware of your surroundings: The border town of Moreh can be a bit chaotic, so it is important to be aware of your surroundings and to take precautions against petty theft.
    • Be respectful of local customs: Myanmar is a Buddhist country, so it is important to be respectful of local customs and traditions. For example, you should cover your shoulders and knees when visiting temples and pagodas.
    • Be prepared for long drives: The roads in Myanmar can be rough and bumpy, so be prepared for long drives. It is also important to have your car serviced before you start your trip.
    • Be aware of the weather: The weather in Myanmar can be hot and humid, so it is important to drink plenty of fluids and to wear sunscreen. It is also important to be aware of the monsoon season, which runs from June to September.

Manipur to Myanmar by Bus
    There are a few bus companies that operate buses from Manipur to Myanmar. The most popular route is from Imphal, the capital of Manipur, to Tamu, a town in Myanmar. The journey takes around 12-14 hours, depending on road conditions.

Here are some of the bus companies that operate buses from Imphal to Tamu:

• Manipur State Transport Corporation (MSTC)
    • Royal Star Transport
    • Pearl Transport
    • Galaxy Transport
    • Sky Transport
    The buses are typically comfortable and have air conditioning. However, it is important to note that the roads can be rough in some places, so the journey can be a bit bumpy.

To book a bus ticket, you can contact the bus company directly or book online through a travel website. It is advisable to book your tickets in advance, especially if you are traveling during the peak season.