1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go Myanmar from India?

Discussion in 'Myanmar' started by Aadit69, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Aadit69

Aadit69 New Member

I am from Mumbai and together with my friend we want to go Myanmar. Not many people have been there, and from out of all the people, we know we are the first even to be thinking about this trip. It is why we need some help and need to know how to go Myanmar from India?

We would have loved a road trip, yes it would take very long, but that is something which we are after. We don't exactly know if it would be possible to drive there, so please provide details.

There were some text mentioning buses which go from Manipur to Myanmar, is this information correct?

I would love to hear about the experience of going from India to Myanmar from anyone who has been.

2. vkar

vkar Member

Yes, I have heard about the bus service from Moreh in Manipur to Maynmar. I remember reading about it in the news that it would be open and in service in 2016. But not sure if it is operational now or still in the works. The Manipur - Myanmar crossing existed before and the road was being upgraded for the bus service. But I have heard stories of people travelling that road in cabs/taxis before but only till the border and border crossing was not permitted.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Best way is to take a flight to Nay Pyi Taw.

If there are no direct flights from your city then look at Air Asia and get a connecting flight which would normally work out a lot cheaper as compared to other airlines.