1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Arunachal Pradesh From Guwahati?

Discussion in 'North East India' started by RashiPrasad, May 8, 2018.

1. RashiPrasad

RashiPrasad New Member

I am from Guwahati and myself and my cousin are keen on traveling for about a month in Arunachal Pradesh.

We would like some help from experts on how to reach Arunachal Pradesh from Guwahati?

We would prefer traveling by train if it is an option, but please also mention the other means of transport as well.

Thank you.

2. Deven

Deven Member

Hi RashiPrasad,

You can reach Arunachal Pradesh from Guwahati by train, but the only problem is that there is no direct train. The train which would need to take from Guwahati to Arunachal Pradesh is the Ghy Nhln IC Express. This would leave from Guwahati and take you to Gohpur, from Gohpur you would then need to take a taxi or bus to Itanagar or where ever your destination in Arunachal Pradesh is.

The other option is to take a bus from Guwahati to Arunachal Pradesh, there are many destination options in Arunachal Pradesh you can choose from, some direct buses and somewhere you need to change.

You can also take a taxi from Guwahati to Arunachal Pradesh, which would be the easiest but the most expensive way out of the three options to reach your destination. The total time to travel would be 16 hours and 30 minutes.