1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indo-canadian Transport From Delhi Airport To Amritsar

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Lawrie304, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Lawrie304

Lawrie304 New Member

Hi

Have anyone used the bus service of Indo-Canadian transport, It looks way expensive than other luxury bus services. Is there any specific reason for that of do they offer any special services? I do not see any reason to pay 3 times more if there is no additional service or comfort, I'd appreciate any information.

Thanks

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

This bus leaves from the airport itself so you dont have to travel to the bus terminal or train station to get it hence the higher price. The bus is decent too and they serve water and refreshments in the bus but other then that if you are looking to save money then go for a roadways bus instead.

3. Rumikhan

Rumikhan New Member

I think the only reason for higher price is that you get it from Airport itself, rest all other services and comfort are same as other luxury buses. If you don't have extra luggage then prefer taking a Mega or Meru cab from airport to ISBT (Inter State Bus Terminal) and take Punjab Roadways Punbus from there. It's comfortable and reliable too.
    Indo-Canadian will cost you around INR. 3200-3500 from Delhi to Amritsar
    Punbus will cost you just INR. 700-800 from Delhi to Amritsar

Choice is yours :)

4. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

@Rumikhan Does the metro not go directly from Airport to ISBT?

5. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

It would cost you the same if you took a taxi from the airport to ISBT and got a bus from there. The higher price is for the comfort of getting the bus from the airport itself I believe. They do offer water and sandwiches en route but I agree it does not justify the 3 times price as compared to same buses run by the government.

6. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There are two types of buses, 2X2 and 2X1 which are low density and the quality of ride is pretty good plus the added advantage of being able to board the bus right at the airport instead of traveling to the railway station or the ISBT. Their cheapest ticket is Rs1600 and the low density bus tickets cost Rs2600 if I remember correctly. The fares I have posted are from Delhi airport to Jallandhar so if someone is going upto Amritsar it may cost a little more.

The cost of tickets don't look bad when there is just one or even two passengers going but if you are a family of 4 or 5 then it is a lot cheaper to get a decent taxi like a Toyota Innova and you would still save money.