Transportation From Airport To Amritsar

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by NishaKid, Mar 15, 2018.

1. NishaKid

NishaKid New Member

I would be arriving about 9pm after clearing about 10.00 pm completely out. I m travelling to Amritsar directly with a Teenage gal. I do ustand that Indo-Canadian buses are there which is VERY COSTLY I FEEL.

I m keeping my options open...like for Train & other Volvo buses as well. My exact questions are as follows:

IF BY TRAIN - 1) Shatabdi Express (12013) OR is there any other good train
    2) What time does the LAST train departs???
    3) Which station
    4) Approx the cost per person

IF BUS - 1) Can I get Volvo or any other similar buses from Airport.
    2) If not from Airport...I notice when I searched it says Pick Up Point...Red Fort....is it far from the airport.

Please keep in mind....luggages as well.

Thank you very much

2. Karan

Karan Member

To go to Amritsar from Delhi by train getting the Shatabdi Express train is the best option. There are two Shatabdi trains which leave from Delhi one at 7.20am and one at 4.30am. The Shatabdi is the fastest train which would take you from Delhi to Amritsar. You would need to prebook your tickets in well in advance to make sure you get seat availability. The fare for the Shatabdi train is between Rs1000 - Rs1500 per person.

From the airport, the main bus which you would get is the Indo Canadian. There is one bus which has a pickup point from the airport and it is the Golden Temple Volvo bus service, which departs the airport at 9.20pm and 9.40pm. So not quite sure whether you would be able to make it for these buses as you have said that you would get out of the airport at around 10 pm. The fare for the Golden Temple Volvo bus service is from Rs1200 - Rs1400.

Otherwise, you would need to travel elsewhere to find a bus to Amritsar. It would be best to get a taxi from the airport like you said you would have luggage so it would be more convenient for you. There are many places where buses have pickup points depending on what bus you get. Some of the pickup points are:

• Kashmiri Gate
    • ISBT
    • Red Fort
    • Shivaji Stadium
    • Dhaula Kuan
    • IFFCO Chowk

NishaKid likes this.

3. NishaKid

NishaKid New Member

Thank you very very much Karan really appreciate it.