1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Tourism/livestreaming?

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Oropherion, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Oropherion

Oropherion New Member

Are there any good youtube channels or live-stream accounts for viewing the sights and tourist attractions in India? I am interested in the culture and attractions in the country, but I can't currently finance a personal trip to the area. I would appreciate it, thank you.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I'm not sure about YouTube channels, Google maps, Google earth and Google street view are usually popular ways of exploring different parts of a country you might not have seen yet.

I'm also sure that with India becoming more and more popular as a tourist destination, any travel firm will be able to offer you links or websites for you to look through.

3. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Youtube is more likely to have personal favourite locations from people who have already visited India. You would probably have much more relevent information to read through if you looked at Tripadvisor.co.uk. They have some excellent guides on attractions and areas of interest in India and are fairly easy to find through google. I often lose an hour or two travelling on google maps to see how parts of India have changed since I was last there, its one of the best ways to get a feel for a place without actually going there.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I found a few channels in YouTube that focuses on tourism. These channels include the tourist spots in India too. Here they are:

1. 10listings. Listed the top ten most visited places in India.
    2. ScoopWhoop. Also listed a top ten of what places you should visit in India.
    3. The Travel Planners. This one has a video about the best tourist places in India.
    4. V-Talk. Focused on breathtaking views/places in India.

I hope this helps!

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

What's the content on these channels though? Are they like an independent review of the places or are they intending to promote the areas?

Only reason I'm asking is because I find a lot of videos on YouTube are only there to make money and they can make something seem better or worse than it actually is.

6. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Hi Pwarbi, You can normally tell which ones are really just advertisements because they only talk about the good points of a place and usually don't ever mention prices except to say 'its very reasonable' or something like that. Check out the other videos on a channel and if they are all promoting areas or holiday destinations, than its likely they are just a marketing company being paid to produce promotional content. If they have a more balanced outlook, its probably from someone who has been there and is sharing their trip details. The marketing companies often have a link to their own website in the description of the video as well.

pwarbi likes this.
  7. Delirium

Delirium Member

British YouTubers JacksGap went to India and rode a rickshaw (TukTuk) around the country in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust.

It's highly entertaining! They also travel around the world quite a lot, their most recent adventure was in Philippines I think (they went through some route through Asia, I'm not too sure - I'm not caught up yet).

amelia88 likes this.
  8. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

These are some great travel videos! i like to watch travel videos on youtube too! You get an unbiased review of were to go. Those people are just going because they love it and not because they were paid to eat or sleep in those places.

9. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

@Delirium thanks for posting those videos! Fun and informative, and it definitely gets me in the spirit to travel!

We're so lucky these days with the abundance of resources to find out about the destinations we're traveling to! Even back in my parents day, (and they're only in their 50's) they were lucky to have a guide book - and it might not even be very up to date! SO fortunate that there's a wealth of information online for us to peruse!

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I agree and these days were spoiled with the amount of information we have at our fingertips, and we can find almost anything we want about any destination simply by doing a YouTube or a Google search.

It's certainly a lot easier than it used to be, that's for sure.

amelia88 likes this.
  11. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Makes me wonder a little about how far things will come in another generations time when it comes to travel and trip planning! If it's already jumped so far in resources and information from my parents to me, I wonder what it will be like when I eventually have a family and my children are traveling! Crazy to think!

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think that this kind of technology will only continue to grow and grow, and it does make you wonder what the future generations are going to be able to do.

Could it also have a negative effect on tourism as if your able to practically visit another country from your own home, are you then less likely to actually go and visit physically?

13. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Though I don't think these types of things are a good replacement for visiting, it's wonderful that there are so many choices to help get to know the country. While planning my trip, I think these types of videos (as well as maps and other tourist tools) will be wonderful in aiding me on my trip.

I'm one of those people who always gets lost, so I like to study as much as I can before I go somewhere. I'd like to have a lot of routes memorized and to have planned out already which places I for sure want to visit (and backups, just in case).

14. HIraeth

HIraeth Member

@Delirium Thanks a ton for these videos. I just ended up spending nearly 40 minutes in watching them! Lol. It was interesting to see my own country from the eyes and viewpoint of these young boys. They clearly enjoyed travelling in my country far better than I probably ever will. I've always dreamt of a cross-country drive and actually experiencing life on the road, but I guess it's not happening any time soon. I agree with the posters who have mentioned Google Earth as an excellent platform to see places that you may not ever visit. Personally, I would rather visit the place than see it virtually, but sometimes I do end up spending hours travelling the streets of places Ive never been to. It's actually really amazing what technology can bring for you!

Delirium likes this.
  15. Danny Luke

Danny Luke Member

The country's Ministry of Tourism has an official YouTube channel. I highly recommend that you check it out. It has a lot of videos that will give you an idea as to what you should expect when you visit the country for business or for pleasure. The channel is part of the country's Incredible India advertising campaign. It's also advisable that you check out the official website of the Incredible India campaign. You can get a lot more information about the country's tourist destinations there. Anyway, here is the link to the YouTube channel of India's Ministry of Tourism: Incredible India