1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaipur in one day

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Mckenzie81, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Mckenzie81

Mckenzie81 New Member

Hi

I am hoping to visit Jaipur in January end, but I will only have 1 day of my Jaipur tour, I have already done camel Safari in other parts of the world so I am just interested in the forts only. Is 1 day enough for Jaipur forts or is it way short? I will be flying in early morning and have to leave by the next morning if the flights are not delayed due to fog or extreme weather conditions.

Thanks for your help
    Mckenzie

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

There are lots of forts at Jaipur and ideally you need one full day for each one of them to really appreciate the art and history that is behind those massive forts and palaces.

You are only there for a day so I would suggest going to Amer Fort where you can also have your lunch inside the fort itself as there is a very good restaurant called 1135AD which serves both veg and non veg food. Their thali is good if you want a taste of different dishes. The palaces inside the fort is one of its kind and hiring a guide will get you the feel of the life kings used to live inside this historical fort.

You can also go for a quick visit to hawa mahal which is just a half an hour affair at the most because it is a small building and that's about it really if you've only got one day. Jaipur otherwise needs atleast a week and a half if not more to see the major attractions.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

It is possible to tour Jaipur in one day although everything will be rushed. You can hire a tour guide or travel agency to better accommodate you. This way, time won't be wasted and you can learn more about the attractions even with just one day in your tour. Plus, they would also provide the transportation for you which can also help in saving some time. There are lots of travel agencies in Jaipur and even a hotel sometimes provides tour guides for their guests.

Anyway, here's a possible itinerary for you:

A Tour of Jaipur in One Day

Day 1

Morning Tour:
    Arrive in Jaipur during early morning. Have some breakfast and explore the following places:
    • Amer Fort. Ride an elephant to reach the top and explore the fort. You need to line up early as the lines here can get very long.
    • Jal Mahal. Located in the Man Sagar Lake, this is a palace with picturesque views of the surroundings.
    • Surya Mandir. If there's time, you can also visit the Surya Mandir or Sun Temple. This also has monkeys ready to grab food from you.
    Afternoon Tour: Have some rest and lunch. Explore the following places:
    • City Palace. This is a palace complex housing the Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal. The Chandra Mahal has a museum inside although a greater part of it is still a Royal Residence. The Mubarak Mahal showcases different architectural styles: Islamic, Rajput and European. A part of it is also a museum featuring many of the royal former costumes.
    • Jantar Mantar. This is an ancient observatory used to predict time, eclipses and seasons in the region. Many of the instruments are still working although some aren't as maintained.
    • Hawa Mahal. This has about 953 small windows or Jarokhas. The main use of these windows were to enable the royal ladies to watch city life without being seen.
    There you go. You can also switch it up, visit the City Palace, Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal first. You can end the day in the Surya Mandir and watch the sunset from there. I hope this helps!