1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taxi from Jammu to Pahalgam

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Kapur, May 24, 2016.

1. Kapur

Kapur New Member

I would like to know what the taxi fare from Jammu to Pahalgam is, as I can not find it anywhere on the internet. As it is the peak season for the destination I think the rates would be quite high, or even I would get overcharged, so it would be good to get some idea of the cost for this route.

Please also advise whether the taxi should be prebooked?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Taxi's are never in short supply and there is not much to negotiate as every one has more or less fixed prices. Prebooking can be helpful if you want a pick up at Jammu airport or the railway station.

Taxi from Jammu to Pahalgam will cost between 6000 to 10000Rs depending upon which car you want. Distance between Jammy and Pahalgam is about 280Km.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The distance between Jammu and Pahalgam is 279 kms, so that's about 4 to 5 hours to reach the latter. Here are the prices for some taxi types you can take:

• Omni Non-AC: Rs 4,480
    • Indica AC: Rs, 4,480
    • Indigo Logan AC: Rs 5,040
    • Swift Dzire AC: Rs 5,100
    • Tavera AC: Rs 5,900
    • Innova AC: Rs 5,900
    There's also additional charges for round trips and night time travel. So you'd have to take those into consideration as well. It's up to you whether you'll book online or not. The advantage of booking online is that you won't have a problem getting a cab in case there are many passengers in your destination. But then, you'll also have to pay additional fees when booking or reserving online, so that's a disadvantage.

I hope this helps!