1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jobs for Foreigners in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by MonicaBanhot, Jun 17, 2016.

1. MonicaBanhot

MonicaBanhot New Member

I would like to know what the scene is with foreigners wanting to work in India, in particular, Bangalore.

I am of Indian origin and have been to India before, so know what the country and individual cities are like, so in this regards, there are no issues.

I would like to know are there a large number of jobs available for foreigners in Bangalore?

How easy is it for a foreigner to get a job in Bangalore?

What kind of visa would be required for a job in India?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, there's many job opportunities for foreigners or expats in Bangalore. I think someone like you, a returning Indian who had experience abroad, has some great qualifications and can surely get a job in Bangalore.

It depends on your experience and field. Generally, Bangalore is considered as the Silicon Valley of India and so technological field graduates have lots of hiring opportunities. Plus, add to that some experience and you're bound to get some higher paying jobs. Fields like banking and financing are also gaining popularity and you might have some luck with them. Other thriving fields are automotive, electronic engineering and aerospace technology.

You would need an employment visa. It depends on what kind of job you are able to qualify for how long you're going to have the validity of your visa. There requirements are:
    • Appointment letter
    • Contract letter
    • Resume
    • Organisation's registration
    • Tax Liability Letter
    • Employee details form
    • Project details form
    • Sponsored letter
    • Justification letter
    • Proof of expertise and educational qualifications of applicant
    I hope this helps!