1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transport for foreigners

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by CWT91, Jul 28, 2016.

1. CWT91

CWT91 New Member

Hi,

I have heard many issues from foreigners with regards to buying train or bus tickets in India. I am going to India sometime in late August, early September and would primarily be travelling in the Northern part of India.
    I would like to ask what are the options for transportations for travellers on a backpackers budget in the North region of India? Will it be easy for me to buy tickets at the train station or through a website? Will I have problem using my local (Singapore) credit card to buy tickets online?
    Also, which website will you recommend me to log on to purchase trains or bus tickets?

Thanks!

2. gamer2x

gamer2x New Member

You can buy through websites like redbus which allow credit cards. It would cut down on all the hassle since you would be having the tickets along with you before going to the bus stop.

Also, normally the bus fares are pretty affordable, which would ensure that you are able to travel on a budget quite easily.

If train option is there, it is much better then the bus option and in that case, you should definitely be choosing the train over the bus and train is also more affordable then the bus if you do not mind the general class travel which is non AC.