1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monsoon Season

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Rayne, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Rayne

Rayne New Member

I've read that Monsoon Season is a great time to travel in India. Of course you have to like the rain but I read you will see a whole other side of the country. Anyone done this?

2. Nita

Nita New Member

I live in a country that receives a lot of rain during certain times of the year. During these period the landscape is so green and beautiful. Furthermore, you have a lot of flowers blooming and the places takes on a whole new look. I can see why the country side would change so much during this time of year.

3. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

If you like to see the rural India, monsoon can be a great time. Rural India is agrarian India and you will get the opportunities to meet farming communities. However, you must be aware that rural India will be mud and dirt during monsoon and you must avoid pathogens.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I think for people who are naturally fine with rain, it's okay to visit India or other places during monsoon season. Some crops do grow only during this season and you'll find that interesting. You will see the beauty of monsoon season especially in the province or rural areas. But yes, it might be inconvenient, better bring those boots and umbrella. Good luck!

5. Kristie

Kristie New Member

I have never been to India during that time, but I used to live in Malaysia and, during the monsoon season, it was so beautiful and green everywhere.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well that would certainly be a whole new experience and a new way to see the country. I think that I would personally want to avoid the hassles that go along with that, and I have to this point, but I have to say that if you like an adventure and the experience then that might be something that you should look into. I would certainly go ahead and do my research though, just like anything, and be prepared. I wonder if that is a significant draw for the tourism industry there.

7. Andre

Andre New Member

I think it would be a great idea to see India during the monsoon season. I know it can be a bit wet from time to time. But if you come prepared for the rain you can still have a great time. I have some great photos I took on different trips during heavy rain storms.

8. Isafab

Isafab New Member

I had read the opposite - that spring is best because it avoids the cold winter temperatures and the wet monsoon! But after reading the description of the lush green landscape during the monsoons, it does sound wonderful.

9. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

Apart from Monsoon, Winter is also the best time to travel India especially Chhattisgarh i.e. from November to February.

10. Micken

Micken New Member

To be honest with you the monsoon season isn't the best time to be visiting India. First of all, the chances that it will rain all throughout your holiday is high. The other issues that would occur are that, you won't really be able to visit any outdoor tourist places, which includes shopping. If your someone who would like to visit national parks and sanctuaries, it is most likely that they will be closed during the monsoons. Weather-wise, it will be very humid and sticky, and if your sightseeing outdoors it would not really be a pleasant time.

I would suggest visiting during the winters which is from November to February, or in the month of April or October.