1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mountain Climbing

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Travis, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Travis

Travis New Member

What are some of the best mountain climbing regions in India? I’d like to go mountain climbing for a few days. Do we need to go in a group or is there a one on one person to take us?

2. LMackey

LMackey New Member

I think you'd find most of the mountain climbing in the northern parts of India. The are mountain climbing tours in the Himalayas that will take you mountain climbing for days to small peaks or large depending on what you want to climb.

3. Polaroid

Polaroid New Member

There are some great mountain climbing expeditions in the foothills of the Himalayas that will enable you to go with a guide. The guides are well experienced and you will not have a problem during the climb. Also, they will tell you which mountain to climb depending upon your skills and other things.

4. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

Norther states such as Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhanda, Himachal Predesh are ideal places for mountain climbing. Here you can find snow clad mountains and Himalayas. Most of India's Himalayan region is concentrated in Jammu and Kashmir

5. Arianne

Arianne Member

Do you need a lot of climbing experience to go up these mountains? I know you can hire guides but can you also rent climbing gear as well? Mountain climbing is something I'd like to experience at least once in my life. Maybe I could try a small mountain?

6. Travguy

Travguy Member

I am short of time but I would have loved to climb a mountain. Or at least go trekking for a half day or do. But my business commitments seem to be taking up too much time on my proposed trip since more clients and associates are wanting to meet me.

7. Danny Luke

Danny Luke Member

If you are looking for the most challenging mountains to climb, I highly recommend that you go to the Himalayas. Climbing any of the slopes in the Himalayas is a mountaineer's dream. On the question of whether you should climb alone or in a group, it depends on your experience as a climber. If you are still learning the ropes, it's best that you travel in a close group. But if you are an experienced climber, doing it solo can be a good idea.

8. pavilion

pavilion New Member

India tourism offers a dreamy array of mountaineering opportunities for any peak climbing enthusiast. If you are planning a trip to experience the best of mountains that nature can provide then look further land on the foothills of Himalaya. Beauty, wilderness and the roughness of Himalayan landscape act as an attraction for many of the mountaineers and climbers .

There are also others like Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Jammu and Kashmir that are suitable starter hill stations for less experienced climbers.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well that is something that is certainly geared towards a certain audience or types of travelers, and I do not really fall into that category. I like to get out into the natural scene of the places that I visit, but taking big risks is something that I think is best left to do at home, or if all. That said, though, I bet that India is a great place to find anything like this, and they have great mountains that would be thrilling to climb.