1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mumbai to Shirdi bus fare

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by AtulJoshi, Dec 8, 2016.

1. AtulJoshi

AtulJoshi New Member

Sometime next month I would like to take my mother to Shirdi, and our mode of transport would be by bus. I think that a Volvo bus would be most suitable and I would like to know what the Mumbai to Shirdi bus fare is.

If there are different price ranges, please mention those, so I know what all options are available.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

[​IMG]
    (Image from Discovering India)

Overview

The distance between Mumbai and Shirdi is about 241 kilometres. It can take you around 4 hours and 30 minutes to cover this distance with driving. If you take public transportation, such as a bus, it can take a bit longer due to the stopovers along the way. Journey duration can be around 7 hours at least and 10 hours at most. There are government-operated and privately-operated buses for this route. The Volvo buses are only a few though, operated by a few private companies. For the government-operated ones, there are no Volvo buses but there are ordinary ones.

Buses from Mumbai to Shirdi

1. Government-Operated Buses - The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation has a few buses plying between Mumbai and Shirdi. However, there are no Volvo ones but I'd still post them here for your convenience. They only have day ordinary and semi-luxury buses, a total of three, plying this route. They depart either from Kurla Nehru Nagar or Borivali Nancy Colony, early in the morning. Below are their timings and estimated arrival time in Shirdi.

MSRTC Buses
    Bus NumberDeparture Station - TimeEstimated Arrival Time
    Bus No. 1 (Ordinary)Kurla Nehru Nagar - 6:0014:00
    Bus No. 2 (Semi Luxury)Kurla Nehru Nagar - 8:3016:30
    Bus No. 3 (Ordinary)Borivali Nancy Colony - 9:0017:00
    2. Privately-Operated Buses - There are some private bus companies that have Volvo buses plying this route. If you prefer only riding a Volvo bus, then you have no other option than private bus companies.

Gagangiri Tours Mumbai Volvo AC Seater Buses
    Bus NumberDeparture Station - TimeEstimated Arrival TimeFare
    Bus No. 1 Borivali West - 8:00 pm4:30 amRs. 300
    Bus No. 2Borivali West - 8:30 pm5:00 amRs. 500
    The first one is the Gagangiri Tours Mumbai, which has two Volvo AC seater buses plying this route. The first one departs at 8:00 pm and the second one departs at 8:30 pm. Journey duration is around 8 hours and 30 minutes up to 9 hours. Fares are between Rs. 300 to Rs. 500 per passenger.

Neeta Tours and Travels Volvo AC Seater Buses
    Bus No. 1 Borivali West - 5:45 am1:15 pmRs. 519
    Bus No. 2Borivali West - 7:15 am2:45 pmRs. 519
    Bus No. 3Borivali West - 9:00 am4:30 pmRs. 519
    Bus No. 4Borivali West - 11:55 am7:25 pmRs. 519
    Bus No. 5Borivali West - 7:00 pm2:30 amRs. 424
    Bus No. 6Borivali West - 9:50 pm5:20 amRs. 470
    Bus No. 7Borivali West - 10:00 pm5:30 amRs. 660
    Bus No. 8Borivali West - 10:00 pm6:00 amRs. 565
    Bus No. 9Borivali West - 10:10 pm5:40 amRs. 377
    Neeta Tours and Travels operates plenty of buses plying this route. Buses depart as early as 5:45 am and as late as 10:10 pm. Journey duration is around 7 hours to 9 hours. Fare is at Rs. 377 to Rs. 660 per passenger.

Shri Sai Travels Volvo AC Seater Buses
    Bus No. 1 Borivali West - 8:30 pm6:00 amRs. 457
    Bus No. 2Borivali West - 9:30 pm4:00 amRs. 700
    This is the last bus operator with Volvo buses plying between Mumbai and Shirdi. They only have two buses, departing at 8:30 pm and at 9:30 pm. Journey duration is around 8 to 10 hours. Fares are between Rs. 457 to Rs. 700 per passenger.

Conclusion

For Volvo buses, you can try reserving them at online booking sites like RedBus or Via. You can also reserve them at the respective bus ticketing counters of these companies. As you have said, Volvo buses ensure a more comfortable journey as compared to ordinary or non air-conditioned buses. Their rates might be higher but at least you're assured for the whole journey of the comfort and convenience.

I hope this helps you.:)