1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must visit places in India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Ganine, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Ganine

Ganine New Member

I am visiting India soon and want some suggestions from you folks, what are the must visit places, cities and monuments in India which I should not dare to miss?

I will appreciate is I can get some recommendations from the people who have been there :)

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

India is a very large country so it would be better to mention which part of India are you looking to cover to get relevant replies. Most tourists I have noticed only do the Golden triangle tour and may be a little bit of Rajasthan to go with it and go back but there is much more to India then Agra and Jaipur.

3. Ganine

Ganine New Member

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I want to visit North Indian cities first, some historical monuments and some wildlife sanctuary maybe.

4. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

For wild life you could look at Ranthambore in Rajasthan and also Jim Corbett National park which is a Tiger reserve and has lots of other wild animals that are easy to spot. If birds interest you then Bharatpur bird centaury is the one to look at. All these are best visited in the winters after November and before end of March to make the most of it.

These are not the only ones but I mentioned these as I have been there and find them good enough to recommend. There are plenty of other wild life centaury's in India too.

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It is almost impossible to spot a tiget at Ranthambore if thats what you want to see there because the population of tigers have gone way down in recent years. Gir national park although is not in the North is a good option and as recommended by Dhongibaba above Jim Corbett National park is a good one where you can also see elephants in the wild besides other wild animals.

6. Prits

Prits Member

I think you need to be more specific in regards to where in North India, as there are so many places to visit.