1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearest Metro Station to Janpath

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Yuvika, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Yuvika

Yuvika New Member

I would like to go to the flea market in Janpath in South Delhi. I went there many years ago with my family and that time we traveled in a car, this time I would be traveling by metro rail.
    I would like to know which is the nearest metro station to Janpath and also please mention any days that the market is closed.

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

Janpath has its own metro Station, which is the nearest metro station to Janpath market. The Janpath metro station has not been open for long and for the passengers who visit the market or nearby areas Janpath metro station has become very convenient for them.

The image below shows a map of the route from Janpath metro station to Janpath market. The distance between the two is 74 meters which would only take you 1 minute to reach.

janpath metro station to janpath market.jpg

In Janpath, there are shops outside on the road as well as in the flea market itself. The shops outside are slightly costly, although they would also bargain but still have very high rates. Janpath market is, in fact, one of the most popular markets for tourists as well as people from India, so it is bound to be a busy place especially during the evening time.

I would highly recommend that you either learn how to bargain or take someone with you who knows how to bargain because the stall owners will at first give you a higher price for the product more than what the product is worth. Some even eventually come down to half of the price.

The market is open from 11 am to 8 pm from Monday to Saturday and is closed on Sundays.