1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Observing Wildlife

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by Jenny, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Jenny

Jenny Guest

Outside of visiting the zoo, is there a place that one could go and just observe as much wildlife as possible. The person I will be traveling with has limited walking ability and I'm trying to make accommodations for her.

2. Deven

Deven Member

There are plenty of places but you need to be precise about your preferred location.

3. Lisa

Lisa New Member

Hi Jenny,

Ranthambore is a good choice if you want to see tigers and you dont have to walk atall as you just sit in a jeep and they would show you around or if you want to save up on money you can go in one of the shared vehicles that take more then a dozen people at once but I would advise a hired jeep.

4. Elaine

Elaine Member

Hey Lisa thanks for the tip. I was also wondering about the same thing as Jenny. Is it expensive to hire a private Jeep? Why is it better than a shared one with other tourists?

5. Igor

Igor New Member

I love wildlife and intend to visit India just to do wildlife-watching!. I have heard of the great Indian tigers and the birds that migrate to the region. I can't wait to see different types of rare species when I visit India later this year.

6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

If you are traveling through a wooded area there are always chances that you might come across some wild animal at any time. This is because animals migrate from one area to the other depending upon the season.

7. Lisa

Lisa New Member

Too many people at one place make a lot of noise. Not every one is sensible enough to keep quiet so wild animals dont run away. If you want a good viewing you wont go wrong with a private jeep.