1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Day Trip From Bangalore

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by Wanderlust, May 5, 2016.

1. Wanderlust

Wanderlust Member

I need to travel to Bangalore later this month due to some official commitments. Although I have been to Bangalore previously as well, I did not get to explore much beyond the city limits. This time though, I would have couple of free days over the weekends and want to make the most of it by visiting nearby places of interest around Bangalore.

I am mainly interested to visit those places that does not involve overnight staying. One day trip within a radius of around 120-150 KM from Bangalore would serve me best. I will be renting out a self driven car during my stay in Bangalore, so I think it should not be a problem to cover 250-300 KM on a single day, if the roads are decent.

So dear Bangaloreans, could you please suggest me some interesting places that can be visited on a one day trip from Bangalore? My priority would be places of scenic beauty, followed by historical places and wildlife reserves.

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

There are many interesting places around Bangalore that can be covered on a one day trip. As you will be travelling in a self-driven car, I think you can easily cover around 400 KM (bothway - onward & return) in 6-7 hours, leaving you with another 4-5 hours to explore the places. Listed below are some of the most popular options for one day trip from Bangalore.

1. Mysore (Distance 150 KM) - If you have not been to Mysore yet, then it's a place that you should not miss. Mysore Palace, Chamundeshwari Temple, Jagmohan Art Gallery, Vrindavan Gardens and Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary are a few must visit places in Mysore. If you have a crave for sweets, then do make sure to taste the 'Mysore Pak' - a traditional dessert with a heavenly taste. Check out this Mysore Travel Guide for more information.

2. Shivanasamudra (Distance 140 KM) - One of the most beautiful waterfalls in India. The twin waterfalls of Gaganachukki and Bharachukki, surrounded by lush green landscapes, is no less than a spectacle when in full flow. It is currently raining in Bangalore as I reply to your post and if it continues like this for another few days, then you would surely love visiting this beautiful perennial waterfalls formed by the dancing Cauvery river. The link I have posted has some pictures I took at Shivanasamudra on my last trip.

3. Hogenakkal (Distance 180 KM) - Another mesmerizing waterfalls, again formed by the mighty Cauvery. Hogenakkal is popularly known as the Niagara of India due to its voluminous girth. Although Hogenakkal is located on the Tamil Nadu side of the border, it can be easily covered as a one day trip from Bangalore.

4. Bannerghatta National Park (Distance 25 KM from the City Center) - Bannerghatta National Park is a nice one day hangout located on the outskirts of the city. Besides housing a zoo, it has a nice butterfly park and boating facility. You may also go for wildlife safari trips to the tourism and buffer area of the park.

5. Bandipur National Park (Distance - 200 KM) - While Bannerghatta is just a trailor, Bandipur is a full-length movie. If you are fascinated by wildlife, then a jeep safari in Bandipur is the best thing you can gift to yourself. Here's a travelogue for you to virtually experience the fun at Bandipur.

These are just a few places to visit around Bangalore. There are many more. Cauvery Sangama, Mekedatu, Chunchi Falls, Muttathi, Bheemeshwari, Srirangapattana, Ramanagaram, Nandi Hills, Devanahalli, Kunti Betta - the list is quite big actually. Here's a list of 20 weekend getaways from Bangalore which can be useful to you.

Regards,
    Deb

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

If you are looking for some really easy things to do in Bangalore, have you considered something as relaxing as a very nice dinner? Going to one of the top restaurants would give you a Bangalore experience which is easy, does not take much time, and reflects the local culture. Try the Big Brewsky, the Black Rabbit, or even Hakuna Matata. They are all great, and you will love the food.

4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

To be honest I don't think 1 day trips are worth it. When you're having fun, time flies a little too fast, and the next thing you know you're on your way home, wishing you had more time. I wish you can reschedule for a later time, when you will have more days to spend exploring the place. India is a pretty big place, and a day to see the sights and enjoy yourself would only lead to disappointment, as you will be wishing you could have stayed more. Think about it, there's only one "first time" you get when visiting a place. Why not maximize it?