1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Day Trip from Bangalore

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by RudeGirl, Jun 29, 2016.

1. RudeGirl

RudeGirl New Member

I want to take a few of my friends for an outing in my new car and was hoping on a one day trip from Bangalore. It wouldn't be too long. It would be a good day out and plus a ride in my car.

I am intending on going to some place such a picnic spot, maybe a sightseeing place or perhaps a combination of both. Wherever we decide to go, we would leave early in the morning and would be back at night.

Please provide full details of the places you suggest.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The great thing about Bangalore is that it's easy to reach nearby destinations from it. You have many options actually but I'm just going to list a few best suited for you and your interests. Here they are:

Under 100 kms away from Bangalore
    • Ramanagara. Just about 50 kms away from Bangalore, lies Ramanagara. This is also known as the land of seven hills. These hills are namely: Yatirajagiri, Shivaramagiri, Somagiri, Revannasiddeshwara Betta, Krishnagiri, Sidilakallu Betta and Jalasiddeshawara Betta. Of course, in a one day trip, you cannot really trek all these mountains. But you can choose one to explore and trek, the views from the top are amazing. The Kanva Reservoir is also nearby which can make for great a picnic spot for you and your friends. Temples to visit are Arkeshwara Temple, Venugopalaswamy Temple and Prasanna Ambadevi Shrine.
    • Savandurga. Also 50 kms away from Bangalore is Savandurga. Trekking can lead you to its two peaks namely: Karigudda and Billigudda. The Savandurga is considered the largest monolith hill in Asia. You can view the Amravati River from the top. Having a picnic at the peak is a must.
    • Anthargange. Just about 70 kms from Bangalore is Anthargange. You can visit the temple at the foothill which is the Kasi Vishweshwara Temple. If you'd like some adventure, visit the mysterious caves which can be quite challenging. Some caves can be very small while others can only be passed through by crawling through them. You can also visit the Antharhange Stream which the locals believe to be sacred.
    Over 100 kms away from Bangalore
    • Bheemeshwari. This one's about 106 kms away from Bangalore. You and your friends can try fishing in the Cauvery Fishing Camp. There's also a wildlife sanctuary you can enjoy here. Then, there's also the Cauvery River where you can take a boat ride in or swim in. Having a picnic is also great here.
    • Hogenakkal. Situated about 180 kms from Bangalore, you'll find Hogenakkal. The Hogenakkal Waterfalls is considered the Niagara Falls of India. Just seeing the falls and its beauty, it can immediately relax and calm you. You can have a picnic beside the waterfalls or maybe take a boat ride known as "Teppa."
    • Yelagiri Hills. This is about 158 kms away from Bangalore. Known for its hills, greenery and lakes, this is the best destination for relaxation. You can visit the Punganoor Lake and Nilavoor Lake and have some picnic beside them.
    I hope this helps!

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

No one returns from Bengaluru without visiting the Chickpet Market a place for shoppers. This is where one can get the best sarees and other items at cheap rates. One should be good at bargaining.