1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Day Trip in Kerala

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by Chandra, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Chandra

Chandra New Member

I have one full day in Kerala, and I would love to see Kerala and possibly go to the backwaters. With such a short time I would like to make the most of my one day trip in Kerala. I need some advice from someone who has visited a place for one day yet was able to explore and experience the place properly.

I want to cover some of the important tourist points and possibly visit the famous eating joints.

2. Hai..

You can Visit Alleppey or Kumarakom for Enjoy Real Backwater Tours in Kerala.
    and Other Important Tourist places are
    Cochin Historical
    Munnar Hill station
    Thekkady Wild Life
    Kumarakom/Alleppey Backwater
    Ashtamudi Lake
    Trivandrum Capital and Historical
    Kovalam Beaches
    Poovar Backwater
    Cherai Beach
    Guruvayur Temple
    Wayanad Hillstation
    Athirappalli Biggest waterfalls.. etc.

Cheers...

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

It's hard to choose just one destination in Kerala. It's even more difficult to fit in all the places to visit in Kerala in just one day. I'm just going to list here some of the famous destinations in Kerala. From there, you can choose which destination you'd go to. Here they are:

1. Alleppey. If you'd like to relax and enjoy a houseboat cruise, then Alleppey is the best destination for you. Enjoy cruising in the backwaters and have meals given to you for the duration of the cruise. There's also some beach destinations in Alleppey. A few highlights in Alleppey are:
    • Alleppey Beach. With its white sands and clear, blue waters, you're definitely going to love Alleppey Beach. You can even view the dolphins if you're lucky. The sea conditions are a bit harsh though and not suitable for swimming.
    • Kerala Backwaters Cruise. You can opt for a half day cruise, commences early in the morning and ends by late afternoon. Or if you have the time, go for an overnight cruise to truly experience living in Kerala.
    • Mullakkal Bhagavathy Temple. Dedicated to Goddess Rajarajeswari, this is a unique temple when it comes to its architecture.
    • Mushroom Restaurant. Try out their Chicken Tandoori and Chili Mushrooms.
    2. Munnar. A hill station in Kerala, famous for its tea plantations and pleasant climate all year round. Here's a few places you can visit:
    • Atukkad Waterfalls. Tourists love this place for its cold climate and trekking adventure.
    • Echo Point. This is home to the very rare flower named Kurunji. Its name is derived from the phenomenon that happens when you scream out in here.
    • Eravikulam National Park. You can spot Tigers, Leopards and the Sambar Deer in here.
    • Rapsy Restaurant. Enjoy their Paratha or Biryani.
    3. Thekkady. If you like adventure, then visit Thekkady for its adventurous activities. Here's a few places you can see here:
    • Periyar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary. Home to the endangered Lion-Tail Macaque, you can opt to trek the forest or see it from a distance from a ferry.
    • Mangala Devi Temple. You'd have to obtain permission from the Wildlife Warden to access this place but it's worth it. It is made using Keralan architecture style.
    4. Trivandrum. The capital of Kerala and is one of the cleanest cities in the whole of India. Places to visit are:
    • Kovalam Beach. Known for the plethora of water activities you can do here: snorkelling and catamaran just to name a few.
    • Padmanabhaswamy Temple. Temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu which is in the eternal sleeping posture here.
    • Napier Museum. It has collections of bronze artefacts, ivory carvings and ancient musical instruments.
    5. Kovalam. Best known for its beaches. Visit the following:
    • Lighthouse Beach. As the name suggests, it has its own lighthouse and it's fairly developed which is why lots of tourists visit here.
    • German Bakery. You mentioned some famous eating joints and this is one of them. Best known for their breakfast meals like pancakes and shakes.
    • Karamana River. Great for just enjoying the views over the lake.
    I hope this helps!

Chahal likes this.
  4. Tony John

Tony John New Member

Did you already visit Kerala? Which are the places you visited and how was your experience?