1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panjim to Madgaon Railway Station

Discussion in 'Goa' started by Akki, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Akki

Akki New Member

I am currently in Panjim and need to reach Madgaon railway, and I would like to know the following things:

What the distance between Panjim and Madgaon railway station is?

Is there a direct bus which goes from Panjim to the railway station?

How much would the taxi fare be from Panjim to Madgaon railway station?

Ajay Goel likes this.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, @Akki

The distance between Panjim and Madgaon Railway Station is about 28.9 kms. By car, that can be a 29 minute ride away.

There are no direct buses from Panjim to the Madgaon Railway Station. But you can ride buses travelling from Panjim to Madgaon. Then from Madgaon, just ride an intracity bus to go to the Madgaon Railway Station. These are the buses you can take:
    • KTC Interstate Buses. Fare starts at Rs. 22 per person. The bus will drop you off at the Madgaon Bus Station.
    • KTC, KSTRC and MSRTC Buses. If that certain bus has a different route, you can drop off at the preferred station that you like, which is Madgaon. Fare varies but might be higher than above option.
    • Private Bus Operators for Intracity Travel. Fare is at Rs. 10 per person.
    Taxi fare varies depending on the type of cab you take. It can be anywhere between Rs. 600 to Rs. 800.

I hope this helps!

Ajay Goel likes this.