1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places of interest in Chennai

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Goswami, May 1, 2017.

1. Goswami

Goswami New Member

I have had thoughts about going to Chennai at the end of the year when the weather is much pleasant in the South.
    I plan to visit some of the famous temples there but I would also like to know if I go there what places of interest in Chennai should I visit.

I think the South has totally different places from North India, so it would be interesting to see them.

2. Preet

Preet New Member

South India is definitely a fantastic place to visit and the temples there are beautiful, and apart from the temples, there is plenty more to see and do in Chennai.

There are a couple of threads on the forum which provides some detailed information about the places to see in Chennai which are worth having a look at.

So here is the list of threads to have a read of.

Top 10 places to visit in Chennai

Places to visit in Chennai - This thread provides the places to visit according to what type they are like temples, museums, history etc.

One place I would like to add that I think you should visit is Pulicat Lake, where you can relax and enjoy boat rides as well.

Make sure you get an idea of weather in Chennai in days you would be traveling to be sure that your stay would be pleasant.

3. Abinaya Kannan

Abinaya Kannan New Member

Chennai is a place which is a mix of tradition and modern values. There are many attractions in Chennai which are worth visiting. Some of the places of interest are,
    1)Marina Beach
    2)Arignar Anna Zoological Park
    3)Government Museum
    4)Fort St.George
    5)Valluvar Kottam
    6)Birla Palanetarium
    7)Light House
    8)Ranganathan Street
    9)Mahabalipuram and much more.
    There are also many good eateries in Chennai where you can taste authentic street foods at modest rates. There are also many good 4 star hotels in Chennai where you can stay at reasonable prices.